How To Cook Baked Chicken Curry With Yogurt Recipe in Microwave: – This is a tasty and exotic way to savor chicken, by far my favorite poultry. It is less fat, and for those who are busy, it is a huge time saver because while the chicken is baked, you can take care of something else.
In this recipe, after the chicken has rested in the refrigerator wrapped in its sweet-scented sauce, we will cook it in the oven (not too long otherwise it becomes dry). And it will be tasty and tenderly perfumed in the end. To be served with rice and candied pepper next to it.
YIELD:- 4-6 servings
ACTIVE TIME:- 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME:- 1 hours
#1 Ingredients needed for Baked Chicken Curry with Yogurt Recipe in Microwave
You have learned the recipes of cooking chicken curry in the oven using vegetables, using coconut milk, etc. Here we’re gonna do something different. We’re gonna cook the chicken curry with Yogurt. Adding yogurt give the curry more richness and taste. Other than yogurt and Chicken, were gonna need the following ingredients. The ingredients listed here are for 4-6 people.
Ingredients for Baked Chicken Curry with Yogurt for 4-6 people
– 8 pieces of chicken (thighs, drumsticks or whichever part you prefer)
– 1 lemon
– salt and pepper
– 35 cl light yogurt
– 1 chili pepper
– 4 crushed garlic cloves
– 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
– 3 tablespoons curry powder
– 1 tablespoon paprika in powder
#2 Things and Utensils required for cooking Baked Chicken Curry with Yogurt Recipe in Microwave
The dish is simple to cook with the exotic taste and delicious texture. Adding yogurt make the dish thicker and give a creamy color to the dish. You already know the ingredients, now let’s know about the utensils we require.
- Oven(of course)
- Baking Tray
- Small brush to apply the oil.on the baking Tray
- Oven mittens
- Measuring cup for measuring the amount of yogurt
- Spoons and ladles
- Knife and chopping board
- Paper towel or clean cloth
- Plastic wrap
#3 Preparation prior Cooking The Baked Chicken Curry with Yogurt Recipe in Microwave
Before cooking the dish, you need to prepare for the cooking of the dish. Otherwise, you will lose much of your time being haphazard and confused. So it’s better if we prepare ourselves and our kitchen prior to starting to cook our dish.
- Wash your hands because the cooking involves massaging the chicken.
- Carefully go through the recipe and remember the needed ingredients and
- Gather and arrange the ingredients in proper and separate bowls.
- Arrange the equipment required in their proper places.
- Clean the baking tray and the glass of the oven door.
- Place the oven mittens near for you to handle the hot baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel the garlic and ginger, clean them in water. Dry them and crush the garlic. Grate the ginger.
- Cut the lemon in half, remove its seeds and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- Cut the chili in small pieces.
- Clean the meat in water and dry them. If you have brought the chicken with skin, it needs to be cleaned properly. The skin of the chicken is prone to have some leftover fine hair or other.
#4 How to cook the Baked Chicken Curry with Yogurt Recipe in Microwave
Once you prepare as mentioned above before cooking the dish, your half job is already completed. All you have to do is make some mixtures and simply put the chicken in the preheated oven. Least go with the stepwise method.
Methods of Cooking for Baked Chicken Curry with Yogurt Recipe in Microwave: #MethodsofCooking
1- Remove the skin from the pieces of chicken, then rinse quickly under cold water. Make small cuts on the surface of the chicken, then put in a large salad bowl. Pour the juice of the lemon, salt, and pepper.
2- In a small bowl, combine the marinade ingredients: yogurt with crushed garlic, chili cut into thin slices, grated ginger, curry, and paprika. Pour this mixture over the chicken and massage it well with your hands. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3- Arrange the chicken flat in a baking dish, adding 2 or 3 tablespoons of marinade. Bake 35-40 minutes in the hot oven.
4- Your chicken curry is ready to eat and serve.
#5 Simple tips to follow for your Perfect cooking
- For your chicken to be juicy, bet on olive oil. Simply brush your chicken with a brush dipped in olive oil. During cooking, regularly monitor your chicken to prevent it from drying out and water regularly with oil.
- If on the off chance, you have chosen your chicken badly and at the time of preparing it you realize that it is the carne, think of baking soda. Indeed the latter has many virtues in cooking, including that of softening the meat and make it softer before cooking. Prepare a marinade of bicarbonate (2 tablespoons) in 50 cl of water and immerse in your chicken. Let it take 2 hours in the fridge, and rinse to get meat much easier to work.
- To succeed a chicken, it is necessary to monitor its evolution in the oven. Do not imagine that once prepared and seasoned, your task is over. No, you have to observe how your poultry takes in the oven. Once cooked, take it out of the oven but let it rest before serving. The ideal is to take out your chicken 5 minutes before the end, to wrap it in an aluminum foil so that the cooking ends and the sauce irrigates the fibers and relaxes them. Result: a fluffy chicken to perfection.
#6 How to serve and eat the Baked Chicken Curry with Yogurt Recipe
After the cooking, here comes the serving and devouring the dish. Since chicken is so versatile, it can go with any side dish you like. Some of the dishes that you can enjoy the curry are listed below.
- When you take out the tray after the meat is cooked, let it cool for a while and cover the meat. So it doesn’t get dry and can be kept at an acceptable temperature.
- Serve the dish warm as it tastes better.
- Serve the dish either with plain rice, Pulao or roti, bread, chapati, plain or buttered Nan.
- You can even make mashed potatoes because it goes well with the tastiness of the curry.
- Before serving you can garnish the dish with a sprinkle of yogurt to make it more delicious looking.
- It goes well with pasta, chowmein, beaten rice as well.
- You can eat it alone with your preferred beverage.
- Roasted vegetables are also the perfect side dish for the curry. Put your vegetables in the oven with your chicken, they will gorge on the cooking juices, and give it an even more perfumed taste.
- Spinach salad or mixed salad is a good option for a meal that is not too fat. Chicken is a white meat low in fat. Accompany it with a salad made with seasonal vegetables and you’re done!
- Our recipe idea: a salad with fresh spinach leaves, peppers, and … you’ll get a colorful and tasty salad, perfect in the summer for a fresh lunch.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Related to Baked Chicken Curry with Yogurt Recipe in Microwave
- Do I have to use lemon juice in the dish if I am using sour yogurt?
The purpose of using the lemon juice in the dish is not gone the sourness but to make the meat tender and soft. To promote the tenderness of the chicken, here’s a tip to test: place two large slices of lemon inside your chicken. To make your chicken look golden, sprinkle with lemon juice!
- Which yogurt should I use for the dish?
Indian yogurt or our own juju dhau is good – will work well for what you are trying to do. Turkish or Greek yogurt may be suitable as long as they are not fat-free or low-fat versions. Whip yogurt well before adding. Also make sure that the dish does not overheat after adding yogurt, as the yogurt curds.
Usually while preparing the dish with Yogurt, people get confused about which yogurt to use. There are lots of options available. Fat and non-fat ones, sugar or without sugar. Basically, it all depends on your taste and your liking. If you want your dish to be rich, thick, fatty but less spicy you can use the yogurt with the fat. If not use the non-fat one. If you want your dish to be little sour use the non-sugar one. In my opinion, all depends on your choice basically.
- How to remove the skin of the chicken easily?
To easily remove the skin on the chicken legs, simply pull the skin with a paper towel. It will not slip. Or you can freeze the chicken for a while. And just peel the skin it will come out easily.
- Can I cook this recipe in pressure cooker or pan instead of the oven?
Yes, you can make this dish in the cooker or pan too. In a pan, it may take longer while in cooker it may cook faster. You have to make sure that the meat is not over or undercooked.
Prepare the famous chicken with curry yogurt at your next dinner. With such a recipe, your guests will be pleasantly surprised. Full of flavor and aroma, this dish deserves to be tested at home.
Submitted by Ankur Pradhan