How to cook Baked Express Chicken Legs curry with or without using the spices Recipe:- It’s not necessary that we all like the dish with spices. But with the name chicken curry, it sounds that it’s essential to use the spices.
But here is the recipe where you have the option of using the spices. Though you choose not to use the spices, it still tastes delicious. This chicken recipe is part of the new recipes quick, simple and without too many dishes that you cook for children at noon.
#1 Ingredients needed for cooking Baked Express Chicken Legs Curry with or without using Spices Recipe
The ingredients that we are going to use today are cheap, simple, easily available in the market. Since the dish can be cooked with or without spices. It becomes much easier to arrange the ingredients for the dish.
If you don’t want to use the spices, it’s fine but for those who prefer the use of spices. The list of spices is also listed here. The ingredients listed below are for two servings. Let’s take a look at the ingredients.
- 2 chicken legs
- 2 onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cube of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 250ml of water
- Salt pepper
- Spices (optional): turmeric, lemongrass, ginger, etc.
#2 Types of that are required while preparing the Baked Express Chicken Legs Curry with or without using Spices Recipe
If we want to make this recipe to the perfect, we must have the right tools to do it. Because with them the best results are achieved and surely, they will make the baking experience pleasant and that we encourage to do it more often. Here are the required :
- Baking Tray
- Mixing Bowls
- Oven mitts
- Measuring cup
- Chopping board
- Spoons and ladles
- Jug of clean water
#3 Preparation Prior cooking Baked Express Chicken Legs Curry with or without using Spices Recipe
- Before touching the raw chicken it is necessary to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Wash again when you finish handling it or every time you need to touch something else during the preparation process, such as a utensil, a condiment or a cupboard.
- Collect all the utensils and that you require. Arrange them properly and handy. After their use either put them in the sink or wash them immediately.
- Use apron and dishcloths to keep yourself clean.
- Wash onions and herbs that you use properly.
- Keep the oven mitts nearby to prevent from burning your hands.
- Unplug the oven first, then clean the inside of the oven and its door.
- Gather all the necessary ingredients for your dish.
#4 How to cook Baked Express Chicken Legs Curry with or without using Spices Recipe
The recipe is simpler than other dishes and easy to cook. No such complexity to obtain the ingredients, utensils and no such difficulty to cook the dish. Let’s start with the cooking.
Steps to follow:
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
- Arrange the 2 chicken legs on the dish.
- Cut onions and garlic coarsely. Spread them in the dish. Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Cut the lemongrass if you want to put it in the dish.
- Bake 10min at 220 ° C (so that it burns a little).
- In the measuring cup, measure 250ml of water.
- Dissolve the chicken broth in it (crumble it by hand to go faster).
- Add the spices you want (or none if you do not want them).
- Pour this mixture on the chicken legs in the dish. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer another 30min, still at 220 ° C.
- After 30 minutes, your chicken will be ready.
#5 Some simple tips for your perfect cooking of Baked Express Chicken Legs Curry with or without using Spices Recipe
Roasted chicken curry is a very delicious dish. If taken into some consideration, we can make the dish perfect m, safe and nutritious at the same time. Least follow some tips:
- It is not safe to use the same board to cut chicken, fruits, and vegetables. If possible, you should have two, one for each type of task. Another solution is to first process the fruits and vegetables on the clean table, wash it and then arrange the bird. Once this task is finished, wash the board again with soap and hot water.
- The chicken should be consumed well cooked and this is checked when the meat does not have a pink hue inside. After pricking, the juice that emanates should be clear and not pink or reddish. Anyway, the color is not a reliable indicator since some cooked pieces always remain with a slight pink tint.
- The best way to make sure if the bird is cooked is with a food thermometer. The temperature is checked in the meatiest areas of the chicken, where there must be 165 ° F (73.9 ° C). In no case should a medicinal thermometer be used as it does not tolerate high cooking temperatures.
- If a thermometer is not used and you want to cut to check if it is cooked, it is not enough to make a cut anywhere. It is best to choose the meatiest part of the leg, which is the one that takes the longest cooking time.
- If you want to refrigerate the chicken once it is cooked, do not put it in the refrigerator immediately or while it is hot. You should let it cool and air for at least one hour before storing it in a tightly closed container or sealed bag.
- If you want to reheat the chicken and use the microwave, be sure to expose it long enough to make it warm evenly. The microwave does not cook evenly and some areas may be at different temperatures. Observe that they reach 74 ° C and remain at least 2 minutes at that temperature.
- Keep chicken skin while cooking, as it protects natural juices. If you don’t want to consume it, take it out after frying and baking it.
- It is advisable to wash the chicken after defrosting it and before preparing it. It is advisable to do it in cold water. When you finish thoroughly wash all the utensils you have used, it will not contaminate your kitchen.
- You can take advantage of all the cuts. The neck is used for soups and broths, as is the part that includes the ribs and spine. This is a strategic way to flavor your soups and consommés. The breast can be prepared grilled, fried or breaded.
#6 How to serve and eat Baked Express Chicken Legs Curry with or without using Spices Recipe
This simple yet tasty dish can be served with any side dish you like. After the meat is perfectly cooked, it for a while.in the room temperature. Then it’s ready for you to eat and serve the dish.
- To taste with rice, or semolina, or what you want.
- Green beans, vegetables, salad, mashed potatoes would be perfect to serve with this recipe.
- Pasta, plain or buttered rice, Pulao, chowmein are some of the other dishes that can be served with the dish.
- The dish can be simply enjoyed alone with your favorite beverage.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
The recipe is very simple so there shouldn’t be any questions or doubts. But still, if you do let’s see if we can give an answer to that.
Can I use butter instead of olive oil?
Yes, you can use the butter if you don’t like the taste of olive oil. Olive oil is mostly used for cooking because it endures heat and is healthy compared to other oil.or butter.
Can I put some other vegetables or fruits and not use the spices?
You can use as many varieties of fruits and vegetables you want and you don’t have to add the spices if you don’t like. It will still taste delicious. You can even use the resins, cashews, etc if you want.
This dish has not used curry powder. So can we call this the chicken curry?
Yes, we can call this dish the Curry. And why not? Curry is the name of a variety of spicy thick liquid dishes made from stewed vegetables, legumes or meat. Curries are usually seasoned with a spicy mixture of seasonings and, as a rule, are served with rice.
The curry seasoning mixture is also called curry powder. The term is derived from the Tamil word which means sauce. In the Western world, the word curry can serve as a name for almost any dish cooked with seasonings and based on South Asian-style sauce.
So you see the variance between curry and curry powder.
Can I use the leftover meat again tomorrow? How can I prevent it from drying out?
You can use the leftover chicken if you store it properly in the fridge. Usually, when we eat the leftover meat, we can taste that the meat is not as juicy as it was before. To prevent it, you can store the meat wrapping in an aluminum foil so it prevents the moisture of the meat from escaping.
The other thing you can do is heat the meat in the oven. The tips have given above. If you want to make it juicy as before, make some mixtures of olive oil, lemon juice, pepper or the chicken broth that you have used before. Then water the meat while heating in the oven.
I find it quite fresh and tastier. Hope this works for you too.
Start cooking and never be afraid of experimenting with your dish. Happy cooking!
Submitted By Ankur Pradhan