|Servings for: 6 people||Estimated time for cooking: 1 to 1.5 hrs.|
How to cook the Chicken and the Rice Recipe:- How about preparing chicken rice to innovate on your Saturday lunch? Very tasty, this dish can be combined with the most varied ingredients. Such as vegetables, cheese, and even mushrooms.
Chicken with rice is a very simple, tasty and convenient recipe. It cooks quickly and simply, and the rice is always crumbly. You can call this dish an analog of pilaf, although it tastes different from pilaf.Chicken with rice turns out to be a more dietary dish than a pilaf, in addition, pilaf is fried in a large amount of vegetable oil, and here the oil is only a couple of spoons.
This dish can be called universal because its taste will depend on what spices you add to it. So thanks to spices, you can get a new result every time.This dish is not only tasty and good to look at. But is very nutritious as well. The two main ingredients we use in the dish are chicken and rice.
Rice is delicious cereal which is rich in vitamins B, E. They improve the state of the nervous system, making it strong and resistant, help strengthen nails and hair. It contains a large number of useful trace elements and amino acids needed by the body. It contains proteins but does not contain gluten. Therefore, rice can be eaten with Celia disease.
Rice almost does not contain salt and does not stimulate gastric secretion, which means that such porridge is a big plus for weight loss. Rice also contains a large number of complex carbohydrates.
Scientists have found that rice contains a substance that activates brain activity!Therefore,rice is rich in proteins and essential amino acids (building blocks of the body), contains many vitamins and minerals. And most importantly, low fat.
Likewise,Chicken meat heals the nervous system, saves from depression and insomnia. It improves metabolism, normalizes blood pressure and regulates blood sugar. Do you know that chicken broth is able to quickly restore strength, especially after an ailment!
How to Cook The Chicken and Rice Recipe? Learn Step by Step Methods of Cooking
#1 Ingredients needed for cooking the Chicken and the Rice Recipe
The ingredients we will be using for this dish are the ones that we use for our everyday cooking.You can even use that leftover rice stored in the fridge! A great alternative to using everything. It is a dish, tasting which, everyone will be satisfied. After all, cooking is quite simple, and the result will please everyone.
But the food is not only tasty but also healthy. After all, both main ingredients have in their composition the elements necessary for our body. Rice is one of the most appreciated foods in kitchens around the world.
It combines very well with all kinds of ingredients and, while we are careful with the cooking time, the result it offers is always spectacular. So let’s take a look at the ingredients that we need for this recipe.
- Long grain rice – 150 gr.
- Chicken fillet – 150 gr.
- Onions – 150 gr.
- Carrots – 150 gr.
- Water – 250 gr.
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp.
- Turmeric – 1/3 tsp
- Ground black pepper (to taste) – 3 gr.
- Salt (to taste) – 5 gr.
- Green coriander
- Green chilies
- Spices of your choice or you can use curry powder(optional)
#2 Utensils and Items required for cooking the Chicken and the Rice Recipe
One of the advantages of rice is that it allows us to prepare from the simplest and fastest recipes to the most sophisticated. Today we tell you how to make rice with chicken.
As you will see, it is a very practical proposal and that usually delights both the small and the elderly. As you go on reading the recipe, you will find that the making of this recipe is very simple and fast.
The end result is the delicious and nutritious dish for you to enjoy with your family. The recipe can be made everyday for your lunch and dinner because you have noticed that the ingredients are of everyday use.
The utensils and the items we need for this dish are again the ones who we use and have in every household. They are easy to clean and store. So the job after cooking is not much. Take a look at the Utensils and Items that we require for this recipe.
- Paper towel
- Chopping board
- Spoons and ladles
- Deep pan with lid
- Apron and dishcloth
- Measuring cup
- Bowls and dishes
#3 Preparation before cooking the Chicken and the Rice Recipe
Appetizing rice with chicken and vegetables cooked in a pan can be a good substitute for traditional pilaf. And cooking is much easier. A hearty, tasty, completely finished dish. Cooking rice with chicken is easy and does not take much time.
The recipe for rice with chicken is one of those preparations with which one always has the guaranteed success. So let’s see what preparation you need to make before cooking this beautiful recipe.
- Bring all the required utensils together and clean them properly. Keep them aside for drying.
- Bring all the ingredients and keep them in separate bowls. Now put on the apron.
- You must have the habit of washing all food before using or ingesting it. Since there can be germs, bacteria on their surface during their transfer. Or they may have gone through some bad conditions, so it is better to avoid diseases to pay the consequences.
- With rice is no exception, it is necessary to wash it to remove impurities or loose starch and cause it to be more sticky.
- The only way to know if rice is properly cleaned is when the water with which you wash it is clear. Avoid wasting rice grains by emptying the amount you are going to use in a strainer and see how easy it is to wash it.
- After cleaning the rice, put some water in it and keep it aside.
- Now time to prepare the other ingredients. Clean the coriander, chilies, carrots, peel the onions and clean them too before chopping.
- Finely chop the onions, coriander, chilies and grate the carrots.
- Wash hands as it is time to handle the meat.
- If you are using the meat stored in the fridge, take it out and keep in the room temperature to let it thaw.
- If you are using fresh meat, it’s better. Wash the chicken in the running water and dry the meat with a paper towel.
- Cut the meat into pieces that you like.
- It’s time for you to cook the dish now.
#4 How to Cook the Chicken and the Rice Recipe
Rice with chicken is a classic of Peruvian cuisine with a delicious flavor thanks to the coriander and with an unmistakable aroma capable of awakening the appetite of many.The chicken with rice is a very tasty, inexpensive and easy meal to prepare.
It is rare that someone does not like it because rice combines the flavors of the bird, spices and the few vegetables that we use. It has made making this rice an exquisite dish. Here we will give you a recipe for rice with chicken that will surely work out very well for you. Take note of the simple and affordable dish for the home menu-rice with chicken.
Steps to follow:
- Put the pan on the stove and put some vegetable oil. Let it heat for a minute.
- Put onion and fry until golden brown for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add carrots, mix and fry for about 5-7 minutes.
- Then add the chicken fillet, stir, fry for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.Put the spices you like to use and stir it well.
- Pour in water, add salt and pepper, turmeric to taste, pour in the rice and stir well.
- One of the main mistakes we make, not knowing how much water rice is cooked with. And the tips that for each cup of rice,1½ cup of water is used. Pay particular attention when measuring it, because if you use more water it may be sticky. Orin can be beaten, it will look too much toothpaste, a little disgusting.
- Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat to a minimum and close the lid. Cook (without stirring) until the water boils completely for about 20 minutes.
- Let it brew for 10 minutes and mix.
- Put off the heat, sprinkle coriander and chilies for garnishing.
- Your dish is ready for you to enjoy.
#5 How to serve and eat the Chicken and the Rice Recipe
This hearty and vibrant dish is a great dinner. Cooking is very easy, even a beginner will cope with cooking. Rice is best-taken long-grain, it cooks faster and does not boil. When serving, sprinkle the dish with finely chopped herbs. It is better to serve warm for it’s better to taste.
- This dish can be served for your lunch or dinner. The dish is complete and delicious in itself. But still, if you want to serve some side dish alongside. You can serve with sausage, some green salad on its side.
- You can even prepare some mashed potatoes, green beans, brown beans, fried potatoes.
- You can serve the dish with the beverage of your liking.
#6 Simple tips for cooking the Chicken and the Rice Recipe
Whatever recipe for chicken and rice you choose, to make the dish really tasty, you need to know a few secrets and subtleties. It is important to properly prepare all the ingredients and follow certain cooking rules. Follow some tips given below for the proper cooking of this dish.
- In order to make the rice whole and crumbly, you need to work with a variety of basmati or steamed cereal. For good and proper cooking, you need to choose the right dishes. Do not take an enameled container. It is better if it will be a wide frying pan, with a diameter of about 25 centimeters.
- Rinse the cereal several times (7-8), preferably with hot water. And more correctly – soak for 10-15 minutes. This step makes it possible to evacuate am Aristarchus(responsible for this sticky aspect).
- During cooking, rice does not need to be stirred and interfere. Some cooks advise just shaking the dishes in which he cooks.
- To prevent the cereal from digesting, add a couple of tablespoons of milk or lemon juice to boiling water. Another way to prevent the pictures from sticking together is to fry them a little before cooking.
- White rice is cooked for about twenty minutes, and brown is already forty. But, if you raise the lid of the pan, the process will proceed more slowly.
- If the cereal has absorbed all the water, do not add. Just turn off the stove, move it to one side and let stand. The dish will come by itself.
- Choose long grain rice such as basmati rice. This variety is lightly scented and will detach more easily from the pan.
- Mix 2 volumes of rice for 3 volumes of water.
- If you want to add some flavor in the rice, fry the rice. This way you add flavor and if you prefer, fry it with a little garlic and onion finely chopped.
- It is always confusing how much water to use for cooking the rice. So measures cup of rice for two cups of broth. In this way, you reduce the risk of beating or being raw. If you want to make two cups of rice, use four cups of broth.
- You can use chicken or beef broth. If you don’t have any, you can use a chicken seasoning cube dissolved in water.
- Add salt before cooking, so it will not be left unsafe. Cover until it boils. Remember, leave a small hole where steam can escape.
- Cook in low heat (once the boil has been released), this way it will not hit you in the bottom.
- Remove from heat completely, leaving the pot on the hot stove, even if it is turned off, it will continue to cook.
- Move carefully using a fork, this way it won’t break and it will be spongy.
- If the chicken pieces are very large you have to give the chicken a little more time to cook when you brown it. Remember that the rice does not take more than fifteen minutes to be ready and if the chicken pieces are very large, they may be raw.
- If you have a few strands of saffron, chicken rice will be much tastier and you don’t need the coloring. The chopped parsley can be added on the pan if you present it or on each dish you serve. Parsley not only improves the presentation but adds flavor.
- Avoid moving the rice while it is cooking. After washing it, some people fry it, you can do the same, but it is not a very healthy option.
- Each stove has a different intensity of the fire, so the cooking time will vary. So you must be aware of your rice, at least the first times you do it since once you grab the mode you will be provided.
- Remember to check it constantly so that the water is not consumed completely from the beginning and thus avoid burning.
- If for some strange reason something did not go well for you and the water was not completely consumed. We recommend you empty your rice into a container that you can put in the oven, heating it little by little you will get the water that is consumed.
- Remember that all this also requires practice, surely at first, it will be super tedious to have to pay close attention to each movement you make. But once you completely master the tips for cooking rice you will do everything by inertia.
- Do not despair, remember that a good cook requires a lot of patience to be great.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
It is not necessary for you to be an expert chef to prepare delicious rice with chicken. This dish is an important part of traditional food in Asian homes and now, in this time, it is one of the tastiest that anyone can prepare at home.
Despite the simple,as it turns out, there are very few people who don’t love it. So, it is worth saying that rice is a very popular cereal, loved by everyone. It is so common and famous that they cook it in all countries. But every nation does it differently. Not only is rice nutritious, but it is also used as a good tool for weight loss. Using this product, you will not gain extra pounds, but remain full for several hours.
Of course, here we also need to pay attention to the variety and the method of preparation. And if you cook rice with chicken, it is doubly tastier and more nutritious.
The dish is so easy to prepare that it does not take much time and energy. Fragrant and such tender chicken with such an amazing side dish! Solet’s consider a few questions which we can answer to eliminate any doubts you have.
How can I the cooking time of this dish?
Soak the rice in cold water for about thirty minutes. This trick also makes it possible to slightly lengthen the grains of rice. The cooking time is reduced to 12 minutes. At the end of cooking, it should not remain more than a little water. Let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
What kind of seasoning can we use for this recipe?
The rule is to always associate a salty ingredient (such as soy or fish sauce) with a sweet and spicy touch. So you may prefer to add spices (such as cumin), chili powder, or more fragrant Sichuan pepper for your recipe. It’s all about adapting to your choice of trim.
Can I alter the ingredients for this recipe?
If you prefer, depending on your personal tastes or those of your guests, you can change any of the ingredients that we propose for others that you like or for the products that you have more at hand.
You can also change the chicken for rabbit or even for pork ribs, add pieces of sausage, give it an aromatic touch with saffron.The possibilities of this easy recipe for chicken rice are endless. Take advantage!
4.How to ensure that rice does not get caked overnight?
Whatever recipe you are making, if you want the rice to be loose and soft, try adding two ingredients in the water during cooking. A dash of oil and another of natural lemon. The result is totally loose and soft textured rice.
If I accidentally put excessive salt in the dish, what should I do?
One of the risks in the kitchen is excess salt, which can completely ruin a recipe. That is why it is always good to check the point at different times of the preparation. If, despite that, you notice that the rice has become too salty, try adding a little lemon juice and stir well. The acidity of the lemon will help disguise the salty taste and, in addition, will give it a very interesting citrus touch.
Is it necessary to use parsley or coriander in the dish?
When you cook rice if you want to add more flavor and color follow this simple trick. Add the finely chopped parsley only towards the end of the rice cooking. In this way, it will keep its beautiful bright green color and its flavor will be stronger.
Why is it important to leave the recipe for a while before serving?
At the end of cooking rice, it is important that we always leave a few minutes of rest, with the paella or casserole covered with a cloth. In this way, the grain settles and just remains in place. For something among the cooks, there is a very famous phrase that says that the secret of good rice is that it is poorly cooked but well-rested.
8. If I prefer to cook this recipe in the oven, how long does the baked rice have to be in the oven?
To make baked rice, we recommend using twice as much water or broth as rice. Put the oven at about 180ºC (previously heated) and leave it for about 35 minutes. It is always better that you keep an eye on the rice while it is done in case the water has evaporated earlier than expected.
If I prefer to cook this recipe in the oven, it is possible?
You can cook this recipe in the oven. Theadvantageofchickenwithriceintheovenisthatriceisalwayscrumbly.Topreparethedish,take a large form with high sides, given that thee ice will increase in volume during baking, and for this,it will need a place.
Pourenoughwatersothatitcoversthericebyabout7mm.Butintheprocessofbaking, if the rice absorbs all the water, you can add a little water. During the preparation process, rice absorbs water in different ways, depending on the type of rice and its processing. Soitisverydifficulttogivetheexactproportionsoftheratioofwatertorice.Buttheadvantageofthisrecipeisthatevenifyouaddalittlewaterintheprocess,the rice will still turn out friable.
So you have all your questions answered, and tips are given for perfect cooking. Why don’t we try cooking this dish?
Submitted by Ankur pradhan