How to cook Chicken Curry in Apple and Onion sauce in Pressure Cooker Recipe:- A pressure cooker is a kitchen cooking appliance that has a hermetically sealed lid. The purchase of a pressure cooker facilitates the cooking process since in this dish any dishes are cooked several times faster than in a conventional pan.
Pilaf in a pressure cooker turns out friable, and vegetables do not lose their beneficial qualities. The principle of operation of a pressure cooker is based on the high pressure that forms in the pan due to the fact that the steam does not find a way out. As a result of this, the boiling point rises significantly and the cooking time is reduced.
A recipe listed here is suitable for any pressure cooker that starts the countdown of cooking time when pressure is reached. You only need to pay attention to the cooking time in the recipe and set the mode in your pressure cooker to have a similar time.
If you don’t have the setting mode pressure cooker, any simple cooker is also preferable. The only thing you need is to estimate correctly the timing of cooking the chicken.
The advantage of cooking in the pressure cooker is that the food and meat Cooks in less time. Your electricity is saved and little utensils are required. It’s easy to clean afterward and the meat remains juicy and tender. You don’t have to water the meat regularly as needed while cooking in the oven.
#1 Ingredients required for cooking Chicken Curry in Apple and Onion sauce in Pressure Cooker Recipe
The recipe for this dish is simple and so are the ingredients that are needed for it’s cooking. The ingredients are simple, easily available in the market and cheap. The ingredients listed here are surely the items that are usually and commonly found in the home. Let’s look at the ingredients now.
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 2 large onions
- 3 yellow apples
- 1 glass of water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil or Olive oil
- Cream or milk
- Green coriander leaves or parsley for garnish
#2 Types of that are required while preparing the Chicken Curry in Apple and Onion sauce in Pressure Cooker Recipe
Since this recipe is to be prepared in the pressure cooker, not much utensils and are required. Let’s look at the utensils that are required for cooking this recipe.
Utensils and :
- Pressure cooker
- Knife and chopping board
- Spoon and ladles
- Bowls and dishes
- Clean cloth or paper towel
# 3 Preparation Prior cooking the Chicken Curry in Apple and Onion sauce in Pressure Cooker Recipe
We are cooking this recipe in the pressure cooker so there are certain things that you need to bore in mind before beginning with your cooking.
The pressure cooker can be extremely beneficial if we are careful and confident while cooking in it. But if we are careless, it can also be hazardous. So let’s see what you have to do before getting on with your cooking.
- Check to make sure there are no dents or cracks in the pressure cooker before using it. It also confirms that the pressure cooker has no food leftover. The cracked pressure cooker can be dangerous, as they can release hot steam and burn you.
- Learn how to fill your pressure cooker. There should always be some liquid in the pressure cooker before cooking anything in it. Most recipes ask to use water.
- Gather all the utensils and ingredients that you require them and arrange them properly.
- Wear the apron for maintaining the cleanliness.
- Wash hands properly before beginning your cooking.
- First wash the apples, onions, coriander or parsley properly in the water.
- Then finely chop them and keep them in separate bowls.
- Now start with your meat. Clean the meat properly and dry them using a paper towel or clean cloth.
- Again wash your hands. Don’t touch any other food or utensils after handling meat unless you wash your hands.
#4 How to cook the Chicken Curry in Apple and Onion sauce in Pressure Cooker Recipe
The process of cooking is not complex and the difficulty level for cooking the dish is easy. In Asian countries, we are familiar with cooking in the pressure cooker while in the Western countries, they prefer to cook more in the microwave.
One of the advantages of the cooker is that we don’t need a separate pan for sautéing or frying our ingredients. We can do it in the cooker. Now let’s begin our cooking.
Steps to follow:
- Pour a little vegetable oil into the bowl of the multicooker pressure cooker and turn on the mode suitable for frying for 10 minutes.
- While the oil is heating, cut the onions and apples, put in the bowl of the multicooker and fry for 5 minutes. Add the drumsticks, salt, and pepper, add the curry, mix. Pour in water.
- Turn on the “Meat” mode – 10 minutes, the valve to the closed position.
- After signaling the end of the program, force the pressure to decrease.
- Open the lid and remove the meat from the sauce.
- Mashed the sauce in a food processor or blender, you can add a little cream or milk.
#5 How to serve and eat the Chicken Curry in Apple and Onion sauce in Pressure Cooker Recipe
The chicken curry that we have cooked in the pressure cooker is delicious, rich in texture and full with the nutrition. This dish can be served and eaten hot or warm. You can accompany this dish with anything you like and you can have it as your launch, dinner or afternoon snack.
- Can be served with rice or pasta.
- When serving, sprinkle with curry and parsley.
- You can have the dish with mashed potatoes, green beans, or salad.
- Make some plain roti, Nan or chowmein and have them with the dish.
- Or, accompany the dish with the flattened rice and some.of your favorite beverage.
#6 Some simple tips for your perfect cooking of Chicken Curry in Apple and Onion sauce in Pressure Cooker Recipe
The quick cooker, also known as a pressure cooker or an express cooker, is a very popular kitchen utensil that allows us to prepare healthy recipes in a short time. Before you start cooking with the pressure cooker, you should know a number of things that will help you master this simple and useful cooking technique.
The advantages of using these types of pots are many, among others, we save time and energy, and it is a very clean and healthy way of cooking. In addition, the safety devices of the new pots allow us to have full confidence when using them. Let’s see some tips which will help you to cook in the cooker perfectly.
- All the ingredients of the dish are laid inside, if the prescription requires preliminary processing of the product, then spend it with the lid open.
- The pan with the lid closed is put on intense heat until the hiss from the valve appears. It signals you that the temperature in the chamber has risen to 100 degrees, at this stage the fire decreases and the cooking time is detected.
- After completing the cooking process, open the device immediately. It is necessary to first release the pressure through the working valve and only then open.
- If during cooking or stewing it is necessary to lay the ingredients, then the pan is removed from the fire, the valvola rises, the pressure and temperature inside the volume decreases and the products are loaded, and then the unit is put back on fire.
- If during cooking, steam escapes from under the lid, then the lid is not properly closed or the gasket has become unusable and needs to be replaced.
- It is advisable to wash and clean the valve after each cooking
- If the valve hisses heavily, you need to reduce the fire.
- If during cooking the container was filled with a large amount of liquid, then in order to open the pressure cooker, it is necessary to cool it first and only then open the working valve. The pan must be filled no more than 2/3 of the total volume.
- The cooking time for Chicken on the cooker is from 20 to 30 minutes.
- The lid of the pot always has to be very clean, so we ensure that both the closure and the valve work perfectly.
- You can season the meat before putting it inside the pot. Brown the meat first for maximum flavor. You can do it by heating a small amount of oil in the pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Do not put the lid on during this process. Put the meat in the pot and brown it. You can also brown the meat in a separate pan before cooking it in the pressure cooker.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
The dish is simple in itself and very delicious. But we are cooking in the cooker so you may have some doubts or confusion. So why not remove these doubts and try to answer some of your questions.
Can I use any other part of the chicken?
Why not? You can use any part of the chicken meat you prefer. The only thing you need to keep in mind is the cooking time required. If you happen to overcook the meat, the contents will be like baby food. You certainly don’t want that right.
Should I keep the skin on the chicken or remove it?
You can keep the skin of the chicken if you want to. But I prefer removing the skin while I am cooking in the pressure cooker. Because the skin is tasty when.ts crunchy and brown. In the pressure cooker, the skin becomes very soft.
Can I use any other fruit instead of apple?
Yes, you can go with pineapple or banana.
Let’s try cooking the dish.
Submitted by Ankur Pradhan