|Estimated time of cooking|
How to cook the Chicken Cutlets Recipe: – Chicken is one of the favorite foods in every house that is why on many occasions family makes various types of preparations with this bird. Cutlets are one of the varieties of bird meat which is famous all over the world. Everyone knows about this and everyone has tasted this dish.
Cutlets today are prepared from a wide variety of products: meat, poultry, fish, vegetables, seafood. Minced chicken cutlets are more tender and airy. They are classified as diet foods. Chicken cutlets can be eaten by those who want to have a slim figure.
The chicken cutlet can literally be eaten by every guest of your banquet without fear of abusing a large number of calories. Minced chicken cutlets are more dietetic than those made from beef or pork.
So, the calorie content of chicken fillet is 170 kcal per 100 g in the prepared form. This meat is rich in protein, while there is almost no fat in it. They are also great for feeding young children.
It’s in the process of roasting chicken in bulk, even a novice chef can achieve real success by bringing a truly golden and delicious crust to the table. Chicken cutlets can be fried, steamed, in the oven and served with any side dish.
#1 Ingredients needed for cooking the Chicken Cutlets Recipe
Chicken cutlets are the simplest and fastest to prepare. Chicken cutlet recipe will definitely come in handy which can be prepared within minutes. The ingredients we will be using for this recipe are those which we use for our day to day cooking. Take a look at the ingredients that we use for this recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts (500 g)
- 2 dried slices of loaf
- 1 medium onion
- 50 g butter (1/4 pack)
- 1 raw egg
- 1 cup flour (for breading)
- refined frying oil
- salt (1 tsp without top)
- black pepper to taste
#2 Utensils and Items required for cooking the Chicken Cutlets Recipe
It’s always delicious to eat homemade chicken cutlets. Kids are very fond of chicken cutlets, and it’s also very tasty to make sandwiches for breakfast with a chicken cutlet. The next time you decide to cook chicken cutlets for dinner, consider making yours from scratch instead of using the pre-made frozen variety.
So what if the things you require will be slightly more when you choose to make the homemade cutlets. The Utensils and things we use for this recipe are nothing fancy and they are the common ones which we use for our day to day cooking. Like the simple ingredients, the items are also simple for.yoi to clean and maintain. Take a look at the utensils we will be using for this recipe:
- Paper towels
- Sharp kitchen knife
- Cutting board
- Wax paper
- Softener or roller
- Medium bowl
- Pay plate
- Border plate
- Parchment paper or foil
- A large pan
- Grinder and grater
#3 Preparation before cooking the Chicken Cutlets Recipe
Remember that whatever you cook in the kitchen, you must do it with love and with the same passion as you do your daily activities. Have fun, create and innovate, they help you discover new and enigmatic flavors. This is the first step that you need to take before cooking any recipe.
Let’s talk about delicious chicken cutlets. Chicken cutlets can be served as a separate dish or as a side dish. They are fried for 5-7 minutes, which is very convenient. They can be easily cooked for breakfast, especially if you have prepared the stuffing in the evening. This is a recipe for a very quick dish, which when served you don’t have to be ashamed to put on the festive table.
For the preparation of cutlets, it is better to make stuffing yourself, because cutlets from the purchased stuffing will be different. We can’t know how fresh meat was intended for minced meat. But all you have to do is to pass the chicken fillet through the meat grinder and the minced meat is ready, everything is very simple.
You can even chop it with a sharp knife – poultry meat is quite juicy, and the coarser the minced meat, the juicier the meatballs will be. For softness, you can add wheat bread or oatmeal soaked in milk or cream. Onions, garlic, and eggs are usually laid to taste. But before that, you need to prepare the ingredients, the utensils, and most importantly meat.
- If you want to prepare the meat one night before, you can also do that. As said, it is nutritious, healthy, hygienic and tasty if we prepare the cutlets at home. So first wash your hands. And put on the apron.
- Wash the chicken with running water. Dry the pieces between a double layer of clean paper towels, let them dry.
- Rinse the chicken removes silt and ice crystals from the surface of they have been kept in the fridge.
- Keep the chicken on the cutting board. Place your flat non-dominant hand on top of a chicken breast. Keep a sharp knife with a smooth blade in your dominant hand, keeping the blade parallel to the cutting board.
- To prepare the chicken that is easier to cut, start with the chicken that is mostly thawed but still partially frozen in the center. Fully defrosted chicken can also be used, but it can be harder to cut.
- Cut the chicken breast horizontally. Make a horizontal slice across the breast, starting at the thick end towards the other end ending at the thin end.
- The chops should be each 1/4-in (6.35 mm) thick.
- Not every slice has to be the entire length of the chicken breast, but each slice must have the same thickness.
- Repeat this procedure for the four chicken breasts.
- Alternatively, hit the chicken by flattening. You can create large chops that are so thin by hitting the meat with a softening mallet or roller.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of a layer of wax paper and spread them on the counter. Make sure that each piece is 2 inches (5 cm) away from the others.
- Cover the chicken with another sheet of waxed paper.
- Use a kitchen roll or the flat end of a heavy meat tenderizer to hit the chicken in uniform movements. Work from the center out.
- Continue hitting the chicken until each chop is 1/3-in (8.5 mm) thick.
- After you’re done with the chicken, keep it aside and wash your hands.
- Peel the onions, clean them and chop them finely. You can also grate the onions.
- Now that you have prepared the ingredients, start your cooking.
#4 How to cook the Chicken Cutlets Recipe
On our menu, today are chicken breast cutlets. The main problem with chicken breasts is that when they are cooked, they are often quite dry. The fact is that fillet fibers do not contain fat, which they could leak out and soften during the heat treatment.
Therefore, if you decide to fry the chicken fillet, you need to soften it somehow: you can add some fatty meat, finely chopped lard to the minced meat. Or, add grated frozen butter, which, in addition to softness, gives the cutlets an incomparable taste and aroma.
For juiciness, it is very important to add not melted butter to the meat, namely its small pieces. Then during the frying process, the butter will gradually melt remaining inside, giving the chicken cutlets juiciness and tenderness. Take a look at the steps to follow.
Steps to follow:
- Wrap butter (50 grams = 1/4 packs) in a plastic wrap and put in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour bread crumb (without crusts) with cold water to soak. Then beat the egg in the separate bowls.
- Minced chicken breasts are then combined with soaked bread (squeeze a little), egg, onion.
- Knead the minced meat thoroughly, add salt (1 tsp without top), pepper (less than 1/3 tsp), add 4 tbsp of water for juiciness. If the meat already is watered, you don’t have to add the water at all.
- Adding water in cutlets will turn into a broth and will be held in bread crumbs inside.
- Stuffing may turn out to be liquidy – knead it with a spoon for 5 minutes. Or knock off tearing pieces of minced meat with your hand and throwing it back into a bowl. The water will be absorbed into the meat and it will be possible to work with the minced meat.
- Grate the butter from the freezer on a coarse grater.
- Add to the minced meat and stir everything. Put in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Take out the minced meat from the fridge to form chicken cutlets and roll in flour.
- Pour odorless vegetable oil into a well-heated pan, let it heat and layout the patties. Fry them from 2 sides until golden brown (about 5 minutes on each side). Do not cover the pan with a lid!
- Serve hot.
#5 How to serve and eat the Chicken Cutlets Recipe
This is a quick-cooking option for chicken cutlets. As a result, they are tender and tasty. Vegetables can be added as desired. Minced chicken cutlets can be served with any side dish, so you don’t have to think long about what to cook for lunch or dinner.
- Serve with the sauce of your choices, such as a mustard and honey sauce or sweet and sour sauce.
- French fry, mashed potatoes, peas can also be the dishes you like.
- Fresh pasta, baked Vegetables, green beans, stuffed mushrooms, steamed vegetables are other dishes that can accompany this recipe well.
- Rice and bread can also fine along with one of your favorite beverage.
#6 Some simple tips to cook the Chicken Cutlets Recipe
Delicate and delicious chicken fillet cutlets save you a lot of money. Fragrant, juicy, with a crispy crust. They cook quickly and are eaten even faster. Now that you have gone through the recipe and the method of cooking, you can begin your task. But before that some useful tips for you so that you can create the variation in this recipe.
- You can cook this recipe with mushrooms, green peas, honey, ginger, and chili or restrict yourself to a more traditional option.
- When you add bread, onions in the minced chicken, it is important to put them in moderate proportions. Otherwise, you will get the opposite effect. For example, an ideal proportion of 1 kilogram of minced meat is 2-3 eggs. If there are more, then during the heat treatment the cutlets can begin to disintegrate and turn out to be tough in the end.
- Bread crumb should not be added more than 250 grams per 1 kilogram of minced meat so that it would be chicken cutlets, not bread.
- For ideal chicken cutlets, you should take chicken flesh without skin. It usually accumulates a lot of fat, which then will be heated during frying, and the cutlets will turn out to be too fatty.
- Cutlets will turn out to be stronger and more tender if the minced chicken is first beaten off. From the bowl, you should take the forcemeat in handfuls and throw it into the container again with force.
- Stuffed meat must be put in a cold place for 30 minutes. During this time, the bread absorbs the meat juice, which will give the cutlets a better taste. It will be tastier if the minced meat lies in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- To get a crispy appetizing crust, cutlets must be dipped in flour or ground crackers. And you can use sesame seeds. Also, breading will help maintain the juiciness of cutlets.
- Cutlets should be fried in a very hot pan. This will keep the desired beautiful shape.
- Chicken cutlets are quickly fried on both sides, so the juice does not have time to flow out of them. Then they are cooked on low heat under a lid.
- If there is white bread in the recipe, try using slightly dried slices. Fresh crumb gives sourness.
- Add 5-6 crushed ice cubes to 500 g of minced meat. Then the cutlets will be even juicier.
- You can also marinate the meat with lemon juice. By marinating the chicken in citrus fruits such as yellow lemon, green lemon or orange juice, you will get the meat to soften and make the chicken juicier.
- When cutting the breast into fillets, make sure they are the same thickness in the center and on the edges. If necessary, hit it in the center with a meat tenderizer, so they will cook evenly and will not dry on the edges and raw inside.
- When you fry breaded chicken, make sure that the oil is very hot so that the breading is crispy instead of moist and fatty.
- For best results, use a container with low sides. If you do, you will make it easier for you to dip the chicken pieces in the mixture later.
- To obtain a simplified version, 1 cup (250 ml) of seasoned bread crumbs can be used instead of uncooked breadcrumbs.
- If you want to use dried parsley instead of fresh, use 2 tablespoons (10 ml) instead of the full 1/4 cup (60 ml).
- Beat the egg separately before adding them in the meat in order to make mixing the two easier.
- Spread the flour on a plate. Pour the flour on a wide plate, but lower. Lightly shake the plate from side to side to create a uniform layer of flour.
- Arrange the chicken bowl and the mounting plates online so that it is easier to transfer each chop from one to the next.
- You can use your fingers to move the cutlets, but use a fork if you want to prevent your hands from getting dirty.
- After sprinkling both sides of the cutlet in the flour, gently tap the cutlet on the side of the plate to remove the excess.
- To cover the top, an additional tablespoon of the mixture on the chops and press it on the surface of the chicken.
- Do not overload the tray. If not all the chops fit in a single tray, fry them in batches, add more oil to the pan if necessary.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we try to answer some of the most frequent questions that can be asked for this recipe. So take a look at some of the questions below:
What to add to mincemeat for juiciness?
Bread crumb must not be put in minced meat to save meat, but to add juiciness. It is advisable to pre-soak it in milk or water. Onions give cutlets not only a special taste but also affect their juiciness. It can be put both raw and fried. For a delicate and original taste, you can add other vegetables: zucchini, carrots and so on. Some chefs use crushed ice for juiciness.
What do I do if the meat is too lean?
If the meat is completely lean, you can add a little butter to the minced meat.
What else can be added to enhance the flavor of the cutlets?
For a brighter taste, you can add your favorite greens to the mince for chicken cutlets, and fresh. It is necessary to grind it as much as possible. You can also add garlic, dried herbs. Again, the main thing is not to overdo it.
Should I use meat with the skin or not?
To prepare the meat, use meat without skin, otherwise, the dish will be too fat.
What should I do to make the cutlets keep their shape?
To make the cutlets tender and keep their shape better, beat off the minced meat. Just lift it several times and throw it into the bowl with force.
Can the frozen meat be used for the cutlets directly?
The chicken should be expected to be at room temperature before cooking, as this will achieve even cooking. And that the chicken juice does not evaporate while cooking.
How to check if the oil has been properly heated and reach to the ideal temperature to fry the cutlets?
Heat the oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Check the oil temperature carefully sprinkle a few drops of water in the saucepan. If the water burns immediately after contact, the oil is hot enough. Turn the chicken halfway through the cooking process so that both sides brown.
How to know if the cutlets are properly cooked or not?
Try the chicken if it is cooked by making a small cut with a thin blade knife in the center of the thickest part of the cutlet. The chicken is ready when the meat is not pink.
Can I vary the seasoning in the cutlets?
Vary the seasonings in the breadcrumb mixture to change the taste. You can use other herbs, spices such as red pepper and chili powder, or even finely chopped nuts.
Happy cooking everyone!