|Servings for: 4 people||Estimated time: 25 minutes|
How to cook the Chicken Fajitas Recipe:- Fajitas is one of the most popular dishes of traditional Mexican cuisine, which is wrapped in a tortilla (soft wheat tortilla) grilled and sliced meat with vegetables.
The most commonly used meat is the beef, but also pork, chicken meat, sometimes seafood’s also used. Spicy and aromatic spices, as well as chili and guacamole sauces, are also an obligatory component of fajitas.
The dish comes from a region on the Texas-Mexican border near the Rio Grande, where cowboys used to live. They got leftover meat after slaughtering cattle. The name comes from Spanish. Fajita that is, a strip, which indicates a method of slicing meat for the fajita.
In Russia, fajitas are sometimes compared with the more famous Sharma. However, in the consumption of fajitas, there are much more subtleties that create a special culture of this dish.
If you decide to try fajitas in a good Mexican restaurant, the waiters will definitely sing for you and play musical instruments. Treat them with tequila, and the interior and general mood will always create a festive atmosphere.
Chilies a well-known sauce of red hot pepper and spices, guacamole’s made from avocado, egg yolk, sour cream, and herbs. Both of these sauces are a good addition to the fajitas flavor. Sometimes cheese-based sauces are also used, a prerequisite is a sour cream, which helps to cope with the fajitas.
All the charm of fajitas is in the simplicity of preparation in any conditions, if you have tried at least once, it must definitely work out. This is a fairly healthy food, and due to the fact that it is served very hot – hearty.
#1 Ingredients needed for cooking the Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Chicken fajitas – a traditional Mexican dish that is suitable for any party. Fajitas – is nothing like fried meat with sauce and vegetables in a pan or grill. This fried meat with vegetables is a separate dish and at the same time, it is a filling for tortilla and corn tortillas. For the preparation of Mexican fajitas, not only chicken is used, but also pork or beef.
Various combinations of vegetables are used in fajitas. Most often, corn, green peas, hot peppers, onions, asparagus, green and plain beans, tomatoes, and broccoli are used to stew meat. Unlike burritos, fajitas are served separately from corn tortillas.
Fajitas are always served hot.The ingredients that are used for cooking this recipe are the commonly used products which are healthy and nutritious. So let’s see the ingredients that we will be using for this recipe today.
- Fresh cilantro (coriander) 1 bunch
- Red bell pepper 1 piece
- Red onion 1 head
- Chicken breast 2 pieces
- Smoked paprika 1 teaspoon
- Ground Cumin (Zira) pinch
- Lime 4 pieces
- IDEAL Olive Oil to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Tortillas 4 pieces
- Natural yogurt 150 ml
- Cheddar cheese 50 g
- Chili 1 piece
- Cherry tomatoes 25 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Avocado 1 piece
#2 Inventories required for cooking the Chicken Fajitas Recipe
In the course of the recipe, you will understand, that the dish is prepared simply, but on the palate it is delicious.It is most pleasant to cook in your kitchen at home. The inventories needed for this recipe are simple to use and maintain. They are nothing fancy and complicated. Some things that we use for our day to day cooking. Take a look at the required articles for this recipe.
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Big bowl
- Plate or tray
- Large pan
- Wooden spoon
- Paper towel
#3 Preparation before cooking the Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Fajitas – a very famous Mexican dish, as well as burritos. There is only one significant difference between these dishes, it consists in serving. A burrito looks like a roll (a cake with a filling wrapped in it), and fajitas are almost the same, only in a disassembled form. Traditionally, the filling of fajitas consists of fried strips of meat and vegetables.
They are placed in the middle of the table right in the pan. Fresh cakes, cheese, and various sauces are served to it, and everyone collects fajitas for his own taste. Eating is of course with hands. Nothing tastes better than using the fork and knife. And it cooks easily and quickly. It is very tasty and interesting! As you go on reading the recipe, you will know-how.simple the whole process is. The only thing that is to be done is a lot of chopping and cutting. Let’s start with the preparation before we begin our journey of cooking.
- Bring all the ingredients and articles needed.
- Prepare the vegetables. Wash the cilantro, pepper, tomatoes, and avocado.
- Remove the seeds of the pepper and cut it into strips. Peel the onion and cut into thin rings. Put chopped vegetables on a plate.
- Take a lemon,cut in half and stick with a fork, so that it is convenient to squeeze the juice.
- Roughly cut half of the cherry tomatoes and two-thirds of a bunch of cilantro.
- Wash all knives well before and after working with raw meat.
- Wash the chicken breasts in the running water and dry with paper towels.
- Chop the chicken into thin pieces, about 3 centimeters long.Cut the chicken breast into strips.
- Set aside the used dishes in the basin or wash at once.
- Now that you have prepared everything, begin your cooking.
#4 How to cook the Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Fajitas is a Mexican dish similar to stew from meat and vegetables. They are fried on the grill, seasoned with hot sauces and put in tortilla cakes. The process of making fajitas indecently simple.
This dish can be prepared in any conditions, the main thing is that there are meat and several types of vegetables. And then you can not worry that something may not work out that way. The main thing is to start, and then you will definitely get a tasty, satisfying and healthy dish.How to cook fajitas with chicken, see our step by step recipe.
Steps to follow:
- In a bowl, mix pepper, onion, and chicken with paprika and Zira. Squeeze the juice of half a lime, drizzle with olive oil, pepper and mix everything properly. Let marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- For the salsa: finely chop half the chili pepper. Stir everything in a separate bowl, salt, and pepper. Pour 1 lime juice.
- Preheat the grill pan over high heat. Fry the chicken with vegetables until golden brown (6-8 minutes). It is important to constantly turn over the contents of the pan, otherwise, everything will immediately burn.
- Make the guacamole: crush the remaining cherry tomatoes on the board, finely chop the second half of the chili pepper and cilantro (not only leaflets but stems). Divide the avocado in half, squeeze the flesh on board to tomatoes, herbs, and cherry, roughly chop. Put Salt and pepper as needed.
- Preheat the tortilla in the oven at 60 degrees for 5 minutes. Squeeze the juice from the remaining half of the lime on the chicken with vegetables. Grate cheddar.
- Put chicken with vegetables, guacamole, salsa, yogurt and cheese in a tortilla. For a large company, all the ingredients can simply be put on the table so that everyone collects fajita for himself.
#5 How to serve and eat the Chicken Fajitas Recipe
The word fajitas a very tasty, satisfying, original and, at the same time, quite simple, meat Mexican dish. Moreover, any meat is used for it: beef (in the original recipe), low-fat pork, poultry (or even all together!). Or even seafood. But for a number of reasons, people often prefer chicken fajitas.
Many are inclined to believe that it is more correct to grill meat. Nevertheless, even in Mexican restaurants, this dish is served in a pan.Basically, no side dishes are required for this recipe. The tortilla and the fries ingredients are enough. But still, if you want to serve another side dish along the side of fajitas. Some ideas are given below.
- Although we eat the dish while wrapping it with the tortilla. To enjoy the authentic Mexican cuisine,serve it separately. However, and each person twists his own fajitas. Serve it hot in the pan.
- Bread, guacamole sauce, sour cream, green salad can be served at the side.
- Rice, mashed beans and potatoes with your favorite beverage also accompany this dish.
- White yogurt, salsa, tomato sauce, and cheese are also the perfect side dishes for this recipe.
#6 Some simple tips for cooking the Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Fajita or fajitas is a dish with the lack of the only correct recipe; you will find different recipes for each mistress and in every Mexican cafe or restaurant. More precisely, the recipe, of course, is one, but the fillings can be very different.
The main ingredients in the fajitas dish are tortilla, sliced into strips and grilled meat and vegetables. Fajitas is not without a sauce, you can serve sour cream, white yogurt, guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, as well as cheese and tomato sauce. There is a variety of filling options, so you can cook vegetarian fajitas, replacing meat with vegetables and mushrooms.
Mexican food lovers recommend using beef as meat, but if you don’t like beef, you can replace it with chicken, fish or seafood. There are certain secrets and subtleties that you can follow to make this dish more perfect. Let’s see some tips that you can follow.
- The readiness of the dish can be determined by the degree of roasting the pepper – on the outside it should be ready, but inside a little raw.
- It is important to do everything on high heat, as the aroma of smoke that appears during such intense frying is the main flavor in the whole flavor range of fajitas.
- Make tortillas yourself.
- Lightly moisten the tortillas with a brush before reheating in the microwave for a few seconds or in the pan.
- To heat the tortillas, cover them with aluminum and place them in a preheated 120 ° oven with a dish filled with water to create steam. Thus, their softness will be better preserved.
- For crisp peppers, use fresh and non-frozen peppers.
- Season chicken with spices before cooking.
- Finely cut all the elements.
- The preparation of Fajitas can be done in advance. At the last moment, it will be enough then to put this preparation in the tortillas and to pass them in the oven.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we try to answer the questions mostly asked by our dear readers. Let’s see some commonly asked questions regarding this recipe.
Mexican tortilla is a round, thin, slightly salty tortilla made from corn, wheat, or a mixture of corn and wheat flour. Such a tortilla replaces bread, in it, you can wrap wavy fillings. With such a cake, it’s easy to cook other famous Mexican dishes: burritos, tacos or fajitas.
2. How to make the tortillas at home?
To make tortilla we need flour, water, oil, salt. Grind flour with butter until crumbs are formed. Pour salt and pour water heated to 60 ° С. Knead the dough. Cover the dough with a towel and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes.Divide the dough into 8 parts.
Roll each part on a dust-dusted board into a circle 1 mm thick.Bake a tortilla in a well-heated skillet without fat for 1-2 minutes on each side ready-made tortillas are best stored in a plastic bag for storage so that they remain soft for a long time.
Can I use other ingredients like garlic in this recipe?
You can use anything you want. The filling that we use in this recipe for tortilla can be modified into your own version.
How to peel the garlic easily and quickly?
Sometimes a clove is two, and sometimes a head is two. Peeling garlic is not such a difficult task. In most cases, we use a knife when we clean it. But sometimes, for storage for the winter, for example, we need to peel a large amount of garlic. In such cases, just use our interesting tips.For cleaning, we need a kitchen board, knife and dry garlic itself.
This method is suitable if we need to clean several cloves, but their integrity after cleaning is not very important.Cut the 2 ends at the clove of garlic. Put 1 slice on the board and press it firmly with a wide kitchen knife flat (press on top with your palm). You will hear a characteristic click. After that, with one movement of the hand, you can remove the peel.
5.What is Guacamole sauce?
Guacamole is a green vegetable sauce that came to us from the North American continent. From the language of the ancient Aztecs who lived in what is now Mexico, this name translates as “avocado sauce.” Delicious, simple and quick to prepare, healthy guacamole sauce can be your culinary “chip” and help change the way you think about familiar dishes.
Guacamole consists exclusively of herbs and vegetables. It is combined with a wide variety of products – meat, boiled potatoes, fish, rice and so on. The sauce has a rather thick consistency, which allows you to use it as a “spread” on bread, salted crackers, pita bread. You can add colors to guacamole by crushing juicy colored vegetables into it and making it look more vibrant, and the taste more saturated.
6. How to make guacamole sauce?
To make guacamole, take a well-ripe avocado, 2 small tomatoes, half onion, parsley and juice of half a lemon.Wash 2 tomatoes, remove seeds and cut only thick pulp.Peel 1 avocado, remove the stone and knead with a fork into a homogeneous mass. Finely chop 1 half onion and 1/2 bunch parsley.Combine avocado, tomatoes, parsley, and onions, add the juice of half a lemon.Mix everything well, add salt to taste.
7. How to squeezea large amount of lemon juice?
It should be remembered that the juice will be squeezed easily and simply when you loosen or destroy the cell membranes that hold it in lemon. To do this, before you squeeze the juice, do some manipulations with the lemon. And then you will be able to squeeze the largest possible amount of juice from the lemon.
Use a fork to chop the lemon peel in 5-6 places.Heat the water to 70 ° C and lower the lemon in a bowl of water for 1 minute. Take out the lemon and roll it on the kitchen board, pressing on it with the palm of your hand so that the shape of the lemon is slightly deformed. Cut the lemon in half.
8. Why the meat and other ingredients are cut into strip?
The name fajita comes from the Spanish faia, which means strip, i.e. the dish was named by cowboys after the method of cutting meat. Therefore, during the preparation of fajitas, special attention should be paid to ensure that the meat is cut into thin strips and nothing else.
Now that your questions are answered, there is nothing more to stop you from cooking this beautiful recipe. So go ahead.
Submitted by Ankur pradhan