|Servings for: 4 People||Estimated time: 50 minutes|
How to cook the Chicken Fried Steak Recipe:- Steak is a thick piece of fried meat. Traditionally, steaks the best pieces of beef usually referred to simply as steak.
Sometimes the history of the steak dates back to ancient Rome. Where in the temples during the sacrifice ritual the priests roasted large pieces of beef on the grills in order to lay them on the divine altar.
Steak meat is not always a product of elite animal husbandry. To get a quality dish, only meat of young bogies (from one to one and a half years) of certain breeds is suitable. Pieces for steaks are cut from those parts of the carcass of the animal that was not involved in the movement of the muscles.
The meat is separated by thick (not less than 3 and not more than 5 cm) slices in the transverse direction. Such cutting will then allow the heat to evenly pass through the pores of the fibers, quickly heating the meat to the desired temperature.
Steaks are never cooked from fresh meat, beef should ripen from 15 to 23 days. This period is necessary so that during the fermentation process the muscle tissue becomes more loose and tender.
Chicken steak (also known as pan-steak) is a fried dish consisting of a piece of chicken fillet coated with flour. The dish is connected with Texas cuisine. Its English name is due to the similarity in cooking styles between chicken steak and fried chicken.ButfriedchickenisdifferentfromadishknownasChickenSteakbecausethemeatisseparatedfromthebones.
Chicken steak resembles the Austrian dish Schnitzel (known in Latin American cuisine as Milanese), boiled veal or beef patties, coated with flour, eggs and bread crumbs, and then fried. The dish also looks like a Scottish lollops recipe. It is a quick and tasty version of the dish for any feast: for a regular lunch or dinner, or for a festive table.
#1 Ingredients needed to cook the Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
Steak is considered an international dish, as it is cooked in almost all cuisines of the world. After all, a steak is not just a piece of fried meat, it is a selected piece of the most tender meat. The cooking process is not very complicated.
To make the steak truly tasty, you need to choose the meat intended specifically for the steak. It is prepared from beef, pork and even fish! We bring to your attention a quick recipe for a fragrant, crispy and juicy chicken steak, which can become a good and satisfying dinner, as well as one of the dishes on the festive table. Let’s take a look at the ingredients needed for cooking this recipe.
Ingredients for making chicken steak:
- Chicken steak 3-4 pieces(you can take the breast or thighs)
- Milk (any fat content)1.5 cups
- Eggs 2 pieces
- Wheat flour 3 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- Common salt half a teaspoon
- Ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
For the sauce:
- Milk (any fat content) 2 cups
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Wheat flour 2 tablespoons
- Ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt –1/3 teaspoon taste
#2 Things required for cooking the Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
Usually the common for cooking steaks is an oven, a charcoal stove, where the heat coming from all sides creates pressure inside the piece. As well as an electric grill, charcoal grill or grill pan. In order for the meat to turn out tasty and correspond to the desired degree of roasting, it is necessary to maintain a certain temperature and observe the cooking time.Thus, all in all, you need the following utensil sand things for this recipe.
- Bowl – 2 amount,
- Flat plate,
- Cutting board,
- Teaspoon, Tablespoon,
- Wooden spatula,
- Meat hammer (or rolling pin),
- Food wrap (or disposable bag),
- Paper napkins (or paper towel)
- Heavy pan,
- Serving dish
- Measuring cup
- Thermometer for checking the meat temperature
#3 Preparation before cooking the Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
The wonderful taste and aroma, juiciness and tenderness of chicken steaks you to use this dish in the daily and festive menu. And due to the laboriousness preparation – to serve on an impromptu table when unexpected guests meet. Chicken meat is a nutritious and easily digestible product, one of the main components of a diet and children’s diet.
The calorie content of the fried chicken steak is about 197 cal, while the meat contains about 2 g of fat and 23 g of protein. Quickly cooked chicken steak is the best option for lunch, dinner, hearty breakfast. Our proposed marinade recipe for chicken fried in a pan will help to give the dish a spicy taste, extraordinary softness and cook meat in a matter of minutes. Let’s see what preparation we need to do before cooking this recipe.
- First, wash your hands properly and wear the apron.
- Bring the chilled meat to room temperature, it takes from 30 to 120 minutes and depends on the portion you’re using.
- Before cooking chicken steaks, it is necessary to wash under a stream of cold water, cut off the white veins with a knife, then dry them with a paper towel or napkins.
- To make the meat soft and tender, it should be beaten off with a special hammer on a cutting board. Having previously wrapped it in cling film or a disposable bag so that the spray does not fly. The most optimal thickness of the beaten steak should be 0.5-1 cm.
- Draining meat with a napkin or cloth towel is the stage necessary to obtain a golden crust and accelerate the preparation of the steak. The presence of a large amount of moisture will lead to preliminary quenching and not frying the steak.
- If desired, lightly beat the meat. Process the meat with a beat hammer until the pieces are almost doubled.
- Meat is left in a warm plate or covered with foil so that the meat juices, displaced by compressed proteins in the center of the piece, evenly spread across the entire surface.
- The procedure for cooking a chicken steak is still simple. First, cut the brisket into slices up to a centimeter wide.
- Before frying, pat the meat with a paper towel so that the steaks do not waste time in the pan to evaporate moisture. And the point here is not only a few lost minutes but also that in this case the cooked meat cannot be called a steak in a pure, classic form.
#4 How to cook the Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
Chicken fried steak with rustic sauce is perfect for a gourmet dinner, especially if your budget is tight. This is a cheap and tasty option. This is an excellent way to fry steak and get a wonderful flavor that other cooking methods can not reproduce. Here’s how to make this delicious dish!
Steps to follow:
- Mix milk and eggs in a bowl, beat with a whisk until a homogeneous mass is formed. In another bowl, pour 3 tbsp. tablespoons of flour, half a teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, you should mix this everything.
- Place the pan over medium heat. Dip steaks in a mixture of milk and eggs, then roll them in flour with pepper and salt. Repeat this procedure a second time. Pour the vegetable oil into a hot pan and wait until the oil is hot. Fry steaks on each side for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Prepare for the sauce. If the oil remains in the pan and the flour is also left from dipping the meat. They can be used for making the sauce.
- Of you are using the same oil that has been used for frying the steak.Then the oil from the pan must be clear. Keep the oil in the pan for a while letting the sediments to settle down. Pour the oil in another pan.Then pour the sediment into a bowl.
- Heat the pan and pour the settled oil on it, pour the flour and fry, whisking with a whisk, until this mixture turns brown. Then pour milk into it and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the chicken steak on a serving plate. You can pour it with sauce or not do it, and serve it withsaucein a separate bowl.
#5 How to serve and eat the Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
You can fry poultry in a pan, on the grill or in the oven – all methods are good, only you can choose. Serve fried pieces with any side dish: rice, potatoes or vegetables. Since chicken is a dietary product, overloading the body will be very difficult. Therefore, here the flight of fantasy is unlimited, experiment, cook. Chicken dishes, including this one, go very well with side dishes such as
- Fried or boiled potatoes, mashed potatoes,cucumber,tomato,corn, and other vegetable salad.
- Mashed potatoes and broccoli, basmati rice, sweet potato fries, crushed potato with olive oil and herbs also compliment this recipe.
- Carrot fries, mashed white beans with bacon, pasta,pan-fried Vegetable can also be served at the side of this dish.
- Tomato stuffed with Vegetable, omelet, potato chips, zucchini with one of your favorite beverage.
#6 Some simple tips for cooking the Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
At first glance, a steak seems to be a fairly straightforward dish in the form of a piece of meat fried on both sides. The process of working on it hides several subtleties. Starting with the proper selection and preparation of meat and ending with the technology of frying it.Fried chicken steak is a wonderful dish to satisfy hunger and decorate the festive table. It’s easy to cook chicken steak if you follow the tips and cook according to recipes.
- Cooking, time and temperature on the type of steak and the required frying. And can be from 1 to 30 minutes, and the temperature is from 46degrees C to 71degrees C and above.
- When coating steaks with flour a second time, make sure they are completely covered and the layer is even. To get a good crust, you need to roll the meat in flour several times.
- You can use any tenderloin for this recipe, but if it is not a cubic steak, you will have to cut the meat into pieces no thicker than 0.6 cm.
- If you do not trust the time, fry the steaks until each side is golden brown.
- Hot oil can cause burns. Be careful not to let your children sit in the kitchen while cooking.
- Also,thepiecesshouldbelaidoutatadistanceofoneoroneandahalfcentimeters,sothattheydonotstick together.
- When beating meat on a wooden board, it is best to get it in water (cold). Since the wood absorbs moisture, and if you do not, the dish after cooking will not turn out juicy.
- You can decorate chicken steak as follows: cut thin rings (petals) from carrots, which are fastened with toothpicks in the form of a rose. Leaves of a rose to make from parsley or dill. Place three roses next to the steak.
- To preheat a chicken dish, in particular, chicken steak, it can be greased with sour cream or mayonnaise and put in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- The main thing is to cut the meat into thin slices, then they will be fried in 5-7 minutes. It makes no sense to cook longer, as the pan will dry the meat and make it hard.
- Now you need to drain excess oil, for this put the steak on a paper towel. Serving meat is recommended with vegetables or a light side dish.
- First, heat up your stove. Then add your fat and make sure it is hot enough before adding your chicken fillets. Thus, you will get a crispy crust that will better preserve the juice. Do not use a fork during cooking so that the juice does not escape. Prefer a spatula or pliers instead.
- If you do not have a meat mallet, you could use a rolling pin or pot.
- If you do not have a large plastic zip bag, you could use two sheets of plastic film. However, it is best to use a plastic bag to prevent the chicken juice from splashing.
- All condiments and marinades do not work for all cooking methods. Some are better for some methods than others. For example, marinades work well for grilled chicken, while the brine is best for roast chicken.
- If you have leftovers, cover them up and place them in the Fridge. Consume them within three days.
- You may defrost the chicken in a microwave oven or in a zippered plastic bag placed in a bowl filled with cold water.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
Recipes for making chicken steak can be different. If you take into account good advice, you can cook meat juicy, tender and soft. Chicken steak can be grilled, then it is fried faster and does not lose juice. Chicken is easy to prepare the dish and should not cause difficulties. Fry meat, set the table and treat your loved ones.Still, you have some doubts, then let’s see the following question and answers.
What type of pan should I use for this recipe?
Use a heavy-bottomed pan. Opt also for a pan adapted to the size of your chicken fillet. In a pan too big, the fat faster and you will need to add more.
Can I marinate the chicken steak before frying?
You can marinate the meat you chose before frying. Especially if you are using the chicken breasts. The chicken breasts don’t have much fat in it. As you fry them, they become dry.
So if you are using the chicken breasts for steak, make sure to marinate them first. For marinating the chicken meat, you can add olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper and lemon peel to a large bowl. Shake the mixture vigorously with a whisk or fork.
If you can not find thyme or dried oregano, you could use some fresh ones. You could make your own marinade or use a vinaigrette. If you plan to use marinade during or after cooking, set it aside immediately. Once the raw chicken has been in contact with the marinade, you can not reuse it.
What should be the internal temperature of the steak for its perfect cooking?
The temperature in the thermometer should be displayed at 77 ° C.
Submitted by Ankur pradhan