| Cooking time: |
| Preparation time: |
How to cook Chicken Sausage and the Vegetables Recipe in the Oven: – Sausage is made with meat, it can be pork, chicken, turkey and sometimes beef. It is a very widespread food that can be found in many countries, there are many varieties, which have a cylindrical shape and can be hard or dry fat.
There are several ways to cook sausages, but the simplest method is often to use the oven. You will not have to watch or turn them frequently as you would if you use a stove or grill. In addition, you can cover the pan with aluminum foil for easy cleaning later.
#1 Ingredients needed for cooking the Chicken Sausage and the Vegetable sin the Oven Recipe
Most of the time when we think of cooking the sausage, we either fry them,grill them or cook them in the oven. Turn them into red-brown and just eat it.But several types of recipes can be made from the sausage as well as mixing them with vegetables or fruits. Today we are going to make the sausage with vegetables. For this the ingredients that we need are:
- 6 baby potatoes, whole or cut in half280 g
- 1red, cut into 2 cm piece150 g
- 1 yellow or red peppers, seeded and cut into 2 cm squares200 g
- 3 chicken sausages, cut into 2 cm pieces 220 g
- 2 teaspoons olive oil10 mL
- 1 pinchsalt [optional]
- pepper to taste [optional]
#2 The utensils and things that you need for preparing the Chicken Sausage and the Vegetable sin the Oven Recipe
It’s a very simple dish that requires fewer dishes, utensils, and devices. The process of cooking the sausage involves a bit of chopping of vegetables. That too you can avoid if you use the vegetables as a whole is the size. Just choose medium-sized vegetables and you’re good to go. So let’s take a look at a few things that we need for making this recipe.
- Baking Dish
- Small brush for coating oil
- Knife and chopping board
- Oven gloves
- Meat thermometer(optional)
#3 Preparation prior to cooking the Chicken Sausage and the Vegetable sin the Oven Recipe
Before you begin your cooking, you need to prepare a few things so that you don’t have to hustle every time you need something. Else, you will be wasting your time and energy for such a simple dish.
Here we are using the ready made chicken sausage so we don’t need much of the items and devices. However, since we are using the ready made may be frozen chicken sausage. We have to do certain things before we start cooking. So let’s take a look.
- Take the sausage out of the refrigerator twenty minutes before cooking. When you’re ready to start cooking, leave the sausages at room temperature for about 20 minutes on the kitchen worktop so they can cook evenly in the oven.
- Separate the sausages if they are connected. By leaving them tied together, you will not be able to space them properly in the pan, so they will not cook evenly. Use kitchen scissors to separate them from where they are connected.
- Make sure that the plug of the oven is out before you clean the oven.
- Clean the baking dish and other utensils properly.
- Wash your hands and put an apron on yourself.
- Clean the vegetables that you will.be using properly in the running water.
#4 How to cook the Chicken Sausage and the Vegetable sin the Oven Recipe
This dish can be made within half an hour so you can enjoy this tasty dish on your weekends. You can entertain your guests with this dish and you don’t have to spend much time in the kitchen leaving your guests unattended. Basically, the process is very simple and the taste too good to be true. Let’s follow the recipe step by step.
Steps to follow:
- Preheat the oven to 215 ° C / 425 ° F.
- Grease the baking dish with some oil with the help ofa small brush.
- Prepare the vegetables you have taken like potatoes, onion, and peppers. Cut into pieces of uniform size and place in a baking dish.
- Coat them with oil in their turn. Place the sausages as well. Coat the sausage with oil as well.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste over the vegetables and sausage.
- Bake in the center of the oven until the potatoes and sausages are soft and golden.
- It will take 30 to 35 min for all the vegetables and sausage to be brown on all sides. Flip the pieces once in the middle of cooking.
- Once your vegetables and sausage are nicely turned brown, put off the oven.
- Take out the baking tray with your oven gloves and place them in room temperature for a while.
- You’re ready to enjoy your dish.
#5 How to serve and eat the Chicken Sausage and the Vegetable sin the Oven Recipe
The chicken sausage and vegetables is a very beautiful, attractive and tasty dish that you can serve your guests and eat yourself. The dish can be served and eaten alone or it can be eaten with any other side dish you like.
- You can serve the dish with rice, roti, chapati or flattened rice.
- Serve the dish warm with red wine or any soft drink you like.
- You can even eat the dish with pasta, chowmein, mashed potatoes.
- You can even make french fry, carrot fry, green beans or salad.
- Or, serve the dish with bread.
#6 Some simple tips to follow for your perfect cooking of the Chicken Sausage and the Vegetable sin the Oven Recipe
The chicken sausage takes less time to cook and you have to be careful with the timing and the temperature of the oven. Otherwise, the sausage would be either raw in the middle or it may be dry and hard. So here are a few tips for you to consider while cooking the chicken sausage.
- Turn the sausage halfway through cooking. After ten minutes, put on oven gloves and take out the oven rack on which the pan is placed to turn the sausages with a fork. Flip each of them so that the part that was facing upward is now pointing down.
- Make a small cut on sausage to check if it is cooked. When the 20 minutes or 40 minutes (for larger ones) are passed, take the pan out of the oven and place it on the counter. Take a sausage with a fork and cut it in the center with a sharp knife, so that you can check its color inside.
- Cook them for another ten minutes if the inside is still pink. In principle, to be well cooked, the sausage should be completely brown (from one end to the other). But, if the center is still pink, you must put the pan back in the oven and cook for another ten minutes.
- Try another sausage and cook for a longer time. You must do this if necessary. Choose another one and cut it in the center, as explained above. If the center is still pink, cook the sausage every five minutes and continue until brown in the middle.
- Use a meat thermometer. Do it if the quality of the sausages worries you. In other words, if you want to make sure they are good to eat, check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Place it in the center of sausage to see if it reaches at least 70 ° C.
- If the temperature is lower, let them cook another five to ten minutes until they reach 70 ° C.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
See, the dish is simple and easy. Once you prepare yourself and taste the dish. You’re gonna try this dish again and again. But still, you may have some doubts and questions right. So let’s take a look at some frequently asked questions.
Can I use the homemade sausage for this dish?
If you intend to use the homemade sausage, that will be even better. The ready made sausage is mentioned here because we may have sudden guests knocking on our time. And have less time to hurriedly prepare something for the guests. So the homemade sausage can also be used.
Instead of chicken sausage, can I use some other sausage?
You can use pork sausage or any other sausage you prefer. It Al depends on your taste. You can also use any vegetables you like instead of potatoes. You cause green beans, cauliflower or any other vegetables you like.
Can I spice up this dish and use chilly, and some other spices too?
If you want your sausage and vegetables to be spicy and chilly, you can surely use spices that you like. Simply coat the vegetable and sausages with oil and sprinkle the spices that you want to use.
Can I keep the leftover sausage for future use?
Once cooked,keep the sausage sin the refrigerator and consume them with in four days.
As your questions have been answered, start with your cooking.
Submitted by Ankur Pradhan