How To Cook Curried Chicken Breast Recipe In Microwave oven:- The most delicate dish combining with rich curry sauce and mushrooms, a delicate bouquet of spices, as well as the softest and incredibly juicy chicken breasts.
The dish is ideal for those who want to have a rich textured dish but can’t because those types of dishes tend to be oily. But what if we prepare the dish in the oven with no usage of oil at all. Sounds perfect right.
The following dish requires about one hour to prepare and the recipe is given for six people. So let’s start.
#1 Ingredients Require For Curried Chicken Breasts
Chicken Curry though originated in India have now become famous in almost all part of the world. The best thing about the dish is you can add spices you like. You can add seasoning and vegetables if you like.
The spices can be used less if you are not a great fan of spicy food. Here we are using mushrooms as well with the curry. And to make the dish a little sweet we’re gonna use sweet paprika. So let’s see what ingredients we are going to use.
- 4 halved skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 100 g sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon curry
- Sweet Paprika (for sprinkling)
- Little oil for brushing the baking tray
- Few pieces of green coriander or parsley for decoration
#2 Types of equipments that are required while preparing the Curried Chicken Breasts
The dish we’re going to prepare today is in the oven. So utensils and Equipments are not required much. Let’s see what we are going to need for the recipe.
- Oven obviously
- Baking Tray
- Oven mittens
- Measuring cup
- Chopping board
- Jug of clean water
- Saucepan with lid
- Paper towel or clean cloth
- Aluminum foil
- Small brush for brushing the oil on the tray
#3 Preparation Before Cooking the Curried Chicken Breast recipe
Before you set for cooking the recipe, it is wise to arrange all the dishes, utensils, equipments and ingredients beforehand. Following this step, you can save plenty of time, energy and avoid confusion. You can then concentrate on cooking the dish only.
This way you don’t have to run here and there for small things. Your kitchen and cooking area will also be kept clean. So let’s see what you have to do prior cooking.
- Read the ingredients and equipments needed for the recipe thoroughly.
- Then arrange all the dishes and utensils.
- Bring all the required ingredients and then keep them in separate bowls.
- Clean oven, the glass of the door of the oven so you can easily see the progress of your cooking without having to open the oven door frequently.
- Rinse the chicken breasts clean in the water and put them on the tray.
- Then use either paper towel or clean cloth for drying the breasts.
- Keep the oven mitts nearby so you don’t have to handle the tray hot.
- Now preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Meanwhile, rinse mushroom and slice them in fine pieces.
- Peel the onions and chop them finely.
- Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice in the bowl. Make sure when you use the lemon juice for the meat, you have removed all the seeds from the juice. Else it will taste bitter.
#4 How To Cook the Curried Chicken Breast Recipe?
Breasts of the chicken take less time to cook and delicious as well. Since you’re cooking the dish in the oven, make sure that the breasts are not overcooked which may happen easily. Else it will.be very dry inside. Now let’s begin our cooking.
Steps to follow:
- Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in refractory form.
- Take a bowl, pour the chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, lemon juice, salt, and curry powder.
- Stir and mix them well. Then pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Make sure that the mixture covers all the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a moderate oven (180º) for about 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- Take out the tray and leave the chicken breasts to cool.
- To prepare the chicken broth, pour 2 cups of water in a pan and boil the water.
- Put one tablet of concentrated broth in the water as it came to boil. Stir the tablet well and boil until it is completely dissolved in the water. You can reduce the water to the amount you desire.
- Put the cooked chicken breasts in the pan with all its contents. Let it cook for a few minutes by covering with the lid.
- It doesn’t take long since the chicken breasts are already cooked and the broth is also cooked. Just cook for one or two minutes so that broth can go inside the breasts meat. And the taste of the meat and the other contents can enrich the broth.
- Your tasty chicken curry is ready which you can serve hot with rice or chapati.
#5 Some Simple tips for cooking Curried Chicken Breast perfectly
Chicken is one of the most versatile meats since it can be prepared in many ways and is always delicious. Also, the breast is one of the parts that offers more possibilities when cooking, and at the same time, it is very healthy because it contains little fat. Thus, here are some tips which you can follow while cooking the Curry with the chicken breasts.
- Here in this dish, we use the skinless chicken breasts. Now here’s how you can easily remove the skin by yourself in a blink of an eye. Put the meat in the freezer until it is partially frozen. You will then be able to remove the skin without any effort.
- If you don’t want to use any oil not even on the baking Tray and clean the tray easily . You can place whole carrots and celery stalks in the bottom of the roasting pan and place your chicken breasts on top. Once cooked, the meat will not stick to the bottom and the gravy will be enhanced by the taste of vegetables.
- If you use a meat thermometer, the chicken breasts must reach an internal temperature of at least 77 ° C (170 ° F). If you do not have a thermometer, make sure the cooking juices are clear.
#6 How to serve and eat the Curried Chicken Breast Recipe?
The dish is exotic in flavor which tastes better if you serve nice hot. Any dish goes with this curry which you eat anytime you want and on any special occasion, you like.
- Pour the dish in a nice looking tray or bowl and sprinkle some green coriander or parsley if you like for the decoration.
- Boil some basmati rice or any other rice and serve hot with curry by side.
- Make some plain roti or chapati. Or you can even go with the buttered Nan or Plain Nan. And serve hot with Curry.
- How about pasta or fried chowmein? The curry can go well with anything and still tastes delicious.
- Why not make Rice Pulao go with the dish if the occasion is something special you want to celebrate.
- If you’re tired from making the dish, simply fry some flattened rice or take plain flattened rice with this dish.
- Or, if you’re full but still can’t control from having this curry, just eat it alone with some soft drinks or wine or any other beverage.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
I think the recipe has been explained quite clearly. But still, you may have some questions or any type of doubts right. So let me answer some questions which you may have with this Recipe.
Can I use any other type of chicken meat other than breasts?
Yes, you can take any other chicken parts for this dish. You can take thigh, legs if you like.
If I use thigh or other parts of chicken for this dish, what temperature should I set in the oven?
Well, the temperatures and duration of cooking in the oven vary with the type. of meat, you have taken and your oven as well. It depends on bit basically 200 degrees is required if you take the chicken thighs.
Instead of mushroom, can I use something else? Because I am allergic to mushrooms or I don’t like mushrooms.
Of course, you can use any other vegetables you like. You can use cauliflower, potatoes, corns and even fruits like apple, pineapple. This dish simply can be cooked with anything you like the most.
What is curry powder or paste? Is it available in the market?
Curry powder is the mixture of different spices( Indian mostly but you can use any spices you like). The ground spices are taken, roasted dry and grind into a fine powder. Add some water in the powder, mix it well. There you are with the curry paste. Different types of curry powder or even paste are available in the market which you can buy easily. They don’t cost much.
If you want to make the curry powder in a home with the spices of your choice. You can make the powder. Just purchase some ground spices like coriander, cumin, fennel seeds, pepper, cloves, cardamom, chili or any other spice you like. Roast them in the dry pan. Do not add any oil. Let them cool for a while and then grind them into a fine powder.
How do I know the meat is ready?
The estimated time of cooking is mentioned above. After the time, take out the chicken, Pierce the tip of the knife into the meat. If it comes out clean if the juice inside comes out clean without any redness in it. The meat is ready. If the juice is red, that means the chicken is still raw.
Submitted by Ankur pradhan