|Servings for: 4 people||Estimated time: 30 minutes|
How to cook the Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Broccoli Recipe:- The Alfredo sauce is a sauce made for dressing pasta. Originally it simply contained Parmesan cheese and butter, although modernly, in addition to these ingredients, roux or milk cream is usually added.
Some variants include parsley,garlic,egg,vegetables, shellfish or chicken.It became famous at the Alfredo Allan Scrota restaurant in Rome, owned by Alfredo di Lelia . It is said that Alfredo di Lelia invented Alfredo sauce in 1914 as a variant of fettuccine on donkey (‘ fettuccine with butter’).
When the butter was added before and after putting fettuccine in the bowl to serve them, the method was known as donkey doping (‘double butter’). The original contribution of di Lionel was to double the amount of butter before placing the fettuccine. The extra butter would have been put so that di Lelia’s pregnant wife could digest the dish better.
The fettuccine Alfredo is now a regular dish in Italian-American restaurants, although they are virtually unknown in Italy .There are several versions of Alfredo sauce.
Sometimes a small amount of roux or be camel is used to thicken the butter and cheese sauce. Other variants include egg and milk cream. There are also versions with broth, onion, ham, white wine, vegetables, seafood or chicken.
#1 Ingredients needed for cooking the Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Broccoli Recipe
Fettuccine Alfredo is so popular in America that it almost seems like a traditional Italian-American dish! Yet the fettuccine Alfredo is a very Italian dish, a simple and tasty egg pasta seasoned abundantly with butter and Parmesan.
Variants are used to cook the dish differently and give something different touch and taste to the dish. In this post,we are listing the Alfredo pasta with chicken and broccoli.
These ingredients can be modified according to your taste and availability of the ingredients. There is no such rule to stick to the ingredients that we specify here. We, however, are listing the recipe for the chicken Alfredo with broccoli recipe.
- 200 grams of fusilli pasta
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 half skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of chicken consomme powder
- 1 / 4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Parsley for garnish
# 2 Utensils and Items required for cooking the Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Broccoli Recipe
For those weeks when you don’t stop running errands and you don’t have time to breathe: 30-minute recipe. This pasta with chicken and broccoli with Alfredo sauce will save you many times.
It not only uses simple and common ingredients but also we need a minimal number of utensils and items. So it’s easier for you to prepare and cook the dish. And the job after cooking is also simplified. Nothing fancy and over the top utensils and items are used in the dish.
They are simple and commonly used items.Take a look at the utensils and items that we willingness for this recipe.
- Knife and chopping board
- Various sizes spoons
- Pan with lid
- Paper towel
#3 Preparation before cooking the Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Broccoli Recipe
Prepare this delicious meal while nutritious which does not have to take more than 30 minutes to prepare. To achieve this, it is only necessary to have the ingredients at hand and a good recipe.
Such as this Alfredo pasta with chicken and broccoli that includes in itself proteins, carbohydrates, and vegetables necessary for a balanced diet.
Usually, pasta that bears the name Alfredo has very heavy and calorie sauces. But in this recipe, we use only a little whole milk and a little evaporated milk to create a light sauce that does not have those extra calories. The cooking itself takes only 30 minutes. And the preparation before cooking takes only ten minutes.
Because there’s nothing complex or complicated process or preparation that you have to do prior cooking. Now you may think if that so, why not directly cook rather than preparing. Well,when you prepare yourself, your kitchen, your utensils, and your ingredients beforehand.
It will take you only thirty minutes. But if you don’t, it will not only take more than thirty minutes, you have to rush while cooking. You will be confused and won’t be able to follow the recipe properly. Your energy will be much used so why not prepare beforehand.
Here is the preparation that you have to do.
- Be confident and resolve in mind that you’re going to cook this dish perfectly.
- Put on the apron and put the dishcloth nearby.
- After preparing yourself, prepare your kitchen, utensils, and ingredients.
- Bring the utensils and clean them properly.
- Collect the ingredients and keep them aside in separate bowls.
- Clean the parsley and broccoli in the running water. Chop the parsley in fine pieces. Cut the broccoli in slightly larger pieces.
- Now it’s time to prepare the meat. Take out the chicken if store in the fridge and keep them aside for they needed to be thawed. If not in the fridge, perfect.
- Rinse the min the running water and cut them into pieces.
- Now prepare for cooking.
#4 How to cook the Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Broccoli Recipe
Alfredo sauce is a full-bodied and delicious condiment, made famous by the Alfredo restaurant in Rome in 1914. While the first versions of the recipe included the use of only a few ingredients in addition to the simple butter and Parmesan.
To date, the Alfredo sauce is known to be a thick and complex sauce, based on cream. The Alfredo sauce is perfect for seasoning pasta, chicken and many other culinary preparations. It is also very simple and quick to prepare, given the few necessary ingredients.Now let’s not wait further and start cooking.
Steps to follow:
- We start by cooking the pasta in a saucepan with boiling water and salt, according to the instructions on the packaging. In the last two minutes of cooking time, we add broccoli florets. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it through strainer and reserve.
- Meanwhile, we cut the chicken breasts into thin slices. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add the chicken slices.Season with salt and pepper and allow cooking for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, turning only once. Once cooked, we cut into smaller pieces.
- In a saucepan, we prepare a chameleon. To do this, melt the butter, add the flour and cook for a minute to brown. Gradually add the milk constantly moving until the ingredients are integrated. Add the chicken powder and evaporated milk, and allow it to thicken before adding the Parmesan cheese.
- Finally, we add the pasta with broccoli and chicken to the sauce, rectify seasoning and serve immediately sprinkling.
- Sprinkle some parsley on the pasta for garnishing. Your dish is ready for you to enjoy.
#5 How to serve and eat the Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Broccoli Recipe
The advantage of this Alfredo pasta with chicken and broccoli is that we can customize it to our liking or with what we have in the fridge.We can use some asparagus, fresh tomatoes, peas or even use other types of pasta.
Place a Bounty paper towel on the collar of your shirts to collect the dripping sauce so that the shirts do not get stained. Bounty Super absorbent, super clean.This dish is perfect for lunch, dinner or even afternoon snacks. Here are some side dishes that can go perfectly with this recipe.
- Plain bread, garlic bread, meatballs, sausage and fried slices of bacon are perfect for this recipe.
- Minced walnuts, peanuts, pecans can also be served along the side of the dish.
- Green beans, zucchini, asparagus, green salads, cauliflower are also some dishes that complement this recipe.
- Macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, french fry and one of your favorite beverage can also be the best option for serving this dish.
#6 Some simple tips for cooking the Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Broccoli Recipe
The cooking of this recipes simple. But still, the ingredients such as chicken breast, milk, broccoli are used so you need to take a little care while making this dish. So that your recipe can turn out as perfect as your cooking. Here are some tips for you to follow.
- If possible, use real grated Parmesan. Its flavor differs considerably from that of the cheese already grated in an envelope. Fresh Parmesan also tends to be better incorporated into the sauce, avoiding the formation of unpleasant lumps.
- Resist the temptation to increase heat to speed up preparation. If the sauce boils too intensely, reduce the heat. Not only the ingredients could burn, producing an unpleasant bitter aftertaste, the cheese could also risk congealing to form lumps. When the cheese is heated too quickly, its protein molecules tend to aggregate rather than separate. High heat breaks down the fat and moisture contained in the cheese, turning it into a compact product that does not melt.
- A few pinches of salt and pepper should suffice. If you worry about adding too much, start with a single pinch, then mix carefully and taste. Repeat this sequence of steps until you get the flavor you are looking for.
- If, by mistake, you add too much water, simply bring the sauce back to the fire and simmer for a few moments to thicken it again.
- Alternatively, try using the sauce to flavor your favorite meat or vegetable dish, such as chicken, shrimp, crab, broccoli, asparagus and more. The delicate flavor of this sauce is very versatile, so you can use it to accompany almost any appetizer.
- If you want you can use the wine for making the sauce for this recipe.
- Most white wines are suitable for this recipe. The sparkling and freshness of an excellent Chardonnay, will, for example, enrich the taste and refinement of this dish. Do not use dessert wines, such as Muscat, because they would give the dish an excessive sweet note.
- If you wish your pasta sauce to be a little sour. Use the lemon juice but prevent the lemon seeds from ending up in the sauce, use a special strainer to filter the juice.
- Yogurt will give the recipe a slightly pungent taste, similar to that of Strongman sauce. Some people prefer this variant.
- You may have to add a spoonful of flour at the same time you add the yogurt. Yogurt tends to curdle when exposed to high temperatures, the flour is used to prevent this from happening.
- To get an even more authentic taste, use fresh unsalted butter. The butter, before being refrigerated, is salted to lengthen its storage times. To obtain an ideal result, you prefer high quality unsalted fresh butter.
- Don’t forget to mix constantly. Otherwise, the ingredients will stick to the bottom and sides of the pot, causing a bitter aftertaste in the sauce.
- Other ingredients that go very well with Alfredo sauce include basil, dried tomatoes, and spinach.
- If you can’t do without your favorite tomato sauce, you can try the red Alfredo sauce. It is also known as rose sauce obtained by simply mixing an equal amount of Alfredo sauce with your favorite tomato sauce. You can use canned peeled tomatoes or prepare your tomato pure from scratch, the choice is yours.
- You can use fresh chicken and broccoli, but frozen is also good.
- Pasta that is integral, normal, gluten-free … to your liking. If you don’t have broccoli, replace it with pepper, peas, beans, carrots … there are many possibilities.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
There may be some questions in your mind regarding this recipe. So let’s take a look at some frequently asked questions here.
Can I replace the broccoli with another vegetable?
You can use frozen peas, chopped red peppers or any of your favorite vegetables instead of broccoli.
Can I not use the pasta with the Alfredo sauce?
Prepare it with spaghetti.
Can I use any type of pasta for this recipe?
If you use fresh pasta instead of pasta, cook for 45 seconds. Alfredo sauce is traditionally served with fettuccine pasta, but you can choose any type of pasta.
Is the water in which the pasta is boiled of any use?
You can reserve some cooking water before draining the pasta. If you want to prepare a slightly less caloric dish, reserve 480 ml of the pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta through strainer and set aside in a large bowl.
Can you give me some tips to make my sauce thicker?
For an ultra-rich sauce: Put 480 ml thick cream directly into the pan. For a (slightly) lighter sauce: Heat the mixture gently in a cold frying pan or temper the eggs to avoid scrambling during cooking.
Can I make the chicken in any other way for this recipe?
You can prepare the chicken in any way you like. For example, you can grill, bake or even poach in chicken broth. If you prefer to mix the flavors, let the chicken simmer in the pan when preparing the sauce.
Now that your questions are answered, enjoy your cooking!
Submitted by Ankur pradhan