|Servings for: |
|Estimated time for cooking: |
How to cook the Chicken Apple Sausage Recipe: – Everyone loves sausage at lunch, but not everyone likes the saturated fat that most regular sausages contain. Therefore it is wise to prepare the sausage at home.
Making sausages at home does not have to be complicated. Simply put your ingredients in a bowl and, using your hands, mix well until all ingredients are homogeneous.
Then put them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to help the patties keep their shape, and then fry them in the pan (about 6 minutes on each side). Serve with your favorite kind of egg.
How to Cook the Chicken Apple Sausage?
This is the traditional way of preparing and eating sausage. But there are so many ways with which we can enjoy our sausage differently. You can combine the sausage with any ingredients you like and make the exotic dish out of simple ingredients.
Here we will be discussing the recipe in which the chicken sausages are made with the delicious fresh apples. This is a recipe for any day of the week, with many advantages … it can be prepared the day before, it can be frozen and made in a short time.
In the fall there always remains a decent amount of apples, which are simply impossible to eat or keep fresh. In this case, apples can be prepared with many tasty and healthy dishes. Among the healthy dishes, chicken sausage with apple is one of the tastier and healthier dishes that can be served as an appetizer. The recipe is good for children to the elderly. This recipe is very juicy and delicious.
#1 Ingredients needed for cooking the Chicken Apple Sausage Recipe
Chicken Sausages are the favorite treat for children and for anyone of any age, and for the hostess, a practical product that can be prepared in minutes or, conversely, turned into a colorful dish. Although the mixture of the chicken sausage and apple ingredients may be a bit odd at first. But when you taste the sweet and salty contrast of apple and sausage, you will change your mind.
In addition, it is a striking recipe, which enters the eyes through the colors of its ingredients.As you will see are needed for this recipe with no fancy names. They are used in our everyday cooking and you willbe amazed when you create such a delicious dish from these few simpleingredients. So let’s take a look at the needed ingredients.
- A tray of fresh sausages (8-9 units)
- 1 red apple
- 1 purple onion
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil or any vegetable oil
#2 Utensils and Items required for cooking the Chicken Apple Sausage Recipe
As you can see that the ingredients listed are very few and simple. So you can easily guess that very few utensils and items are going to be used for this recipe. They can be found in every household and are used for everyday cooking. One of the advantages of these simple utensil sis that they are easy to clean and dry. So the time consumed before and after preparing the recipe is much less. So take a look at the items we need for this recipe.
- 2 pans with lid
- Knife and chopping board
- Bowls and dishes
- Spoons and ladles
- Paper towel
- Apron and dishcloth
- Plate or tray
#3 Preparation before cooking the Chicken Apple Sausage Recipe
Didyoueverimaginethatyoucouldgather2elementsasdissimilaraschickensausagesand apple sand create a beautiful recipe? If it never occurred to you, here is something that you need to try once in life. You will be amazed as you see the result and the dish will be the commonly cooked food in your kitchen.
Itisanidealmealtoprepareonthosedayswhenthecoldistoomuchandthebodyasksyousomethingwithmanycalories,although you can also eat it at any time of the year. A different way of cooking sausages in a healthy and simple way. After you make up your mind to make this recipe, you need to first prepare yourself and your kitchen. So the task of cooking can be very relaxing for yourself which you can enjoy. Let’s make some preparations.
- The first thing you need to do is take out the chicken sausage from the fridge if you’re using the chilled one already in your home.
- Then keep the sausage aside in a plate or tray at the room temperature. So the sausage has the time to be thawed.
- Now wash your hands and gather the Utensils and ingredients that you need. Place then on your kitchen counter.
- Clean the utensils and dry them.
- Same goes for the ingredients that we will be using. Cleaning and washing the ingredients in the running water is a very important step though it seems unnecessary to tell or mention. Apples, onions can be very prone to germs until their transfer to our kitchen.
- So wash the apples, peeling and also wash them properly.
- There is no need to remove the skin of the apple while we are cutting the apple into quarters. It would be nutritious if we keep the skin. But if you want to remove the skin, that will also do.
- Also,cut the onions into julienne style if you are fond of large pieces of onions. If not, then finely chop the onions.
- Also, clean the rosemary and cut them into fine pieces.
- Now its time to check on your sausage. After the sausage is thawed, cut the packet and put them on the tray. See if the prices are stuck together. If so then separate each.
- Now slightly make some cuts on the surface of the sausage since we will be using the whole piece of sausage. But if you don’t want to use the whole piece, you can cut them into pieces of the size you desire.
- Now wash hands and get ready for some cooking.
#4 How to cook the Chicken Apple Sausage Recipe
If you cook the chicken sausages correctly, they will be firm and crispy on the outside, while their in terror will be an explosion of juicy flavor.However,therearemanydifferentwaystocooksomesausagessothattheyremaininplace.
Here we are going to use the apple and onions for cooking the sausage in the pan. So it’s going to be simple as well as methodical. Let’s follow the steps explained below for cooking this recipe.
Steps to follow:
- For the recipe, we will choose a red apple to add color to the plate. You can use the apple variety that you like, even if it is not red. On the other hand, we have used the purple onion which again is not necessary to be purple. You can take any type of onions you like. Red apple and purple onions add color to the dish.
- Put the pan on the stove and let it be warm. Drizzle some Olive oil or any other oil you prefer and let it be hot. Put the chopped onions in the pan, stir it and leave it on medium-low heat until it is poached.
- After the onions become transparent, add the chopped apple and leave until it begins to soften (about 5 minutes).
- While we make these ingredients, we put a grill or another pan over high heat. Put some oil and the sausage in the pan. Season the sausage with salt and pepper and put them until they are browned on both sides.
- Use tongs to flip the sausage so they can be browned on all sides.
- When the sausages are ready, we add them to the pan where we have the onion and the apple. Add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and let it finish cooking all together for a few minutes.
- Remove and serve hot our sausages with apple, onion, and rosemary.
#5 How to serve and eat the Chicken Apple Sausage Recipe
This especial recipe after the cooking can be served and eaten alone without having to cook any other dishes alongside. The dish can be served as an appetizer, can be eaten as the afternoon snacks or can be served on lunch and dinner with any other side dishes. Take a look at some of the dishes that complement this recipe.
- If we accompany it with some white rice or couscous, it is perfect and it is also very comfortable to take to the office in the Tupper.
- This dish can also be served with rice, bread, spaghetti or chapati.
- How about making some green salads, beans, mashed potatoes, french fries, carrot fries alongside this recipe.
- Accompany this dish with one of your favorite beverage.
#6 Some simple tips to cook the Chicken Apple Sausage Recipe
The apple is a fruit that lends itself perfectly to being used in the preparation of all kinds of recipes, both sweet and savory.Raw or cooked, peeled or whole, alone or combined with other fruits and other flavors, the apple cooks according to your tastes or desires. With a few simple gestures, treat your loved ones and impress your guests!
And the same goes for the chicken sausage. What her you make the month grill, fried,cooked or roasted, it is advisable that you learn a few cooking tricks to ensure you always get an optimal result. And when these two odd ingredients go together, some tips and secrets need to be kept in knowledge so you can create an amazing looking delicious dish.
- You can add to the apple a tip of cinnamon powder, which goes great with this fruit.
- It is advisable to cook the sausages in the pan. Because cooking with the pan will give a nice crisp and roasted texture to your sausages.
- Do not cook sausages over high heat as the outside will calcine before you have achieved good internal cooking.
- Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes alternating side to 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan. And do not add fat. Indeed, the sausage is very fatty, it is not necessary to add. You do not need to prick it either. To prevent it from being pierced, simply turn it regularly.
- Put the sausages when the pan is hot, over high heat. Turn them around every three minutes. Be careful!
- If you decide to peel the apple,here is the easy way. Cut it into four quarters to peel separately, the pips will bother you less. Plant the tip of the steward near the core. Go around with the thrifty to remove it.
- You can also use an empty apple to remove the core: hold the apple upright on the work surface. Push the apple empty right into the center of the fruit. Turn and remove the apple empty.
- Very practical, the apple cutter makes it possible to make beautiful regular quarters and to remove the heart of the apple in a single gesture. Place the apple cutter well in the center of the fruit and press dryly.
- To tenderize apples to be fried in quarters, make them precook by the cold by putting them two hours in the refrigerator.
- Do not prick the sausages before cooking, because the hose is there to prevent them from bursting and drying during cooking. The casing also helps to concentrate all the aromas of the meat and preserve its juiciness.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
The recipe is so simple that there hardly be any questions or doubts. Still, if you have any, let’s try to answer those questions.
Which usage of sausage is better the fresh oneness the homemade ones or the ready made ones?
The handmade sausages do not carry preservatives, dyes or any other additive.Whereas the store-bought sausage has preservatives, colors and flavors added. It all depends on your palate which tastes you like. From the hygienic and nutrition point of view, the fresh ones other homemade ones are better to use.
What are the nutritional benefits of this recipe?
In the recipe, the sausages are cooked with a large amount of onion, which is very rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant substances, very beneficial for health. As for the apple, it is a fruit rich in carbohydrates, mineral salts and vitamins. When combined together for a single dish, you can have balanced nutrition.
Can I put the slices of raw apples on top after the sausages are cooked instead of cooking the apple?
When presented this recipe with the cooked apples especially for children and elderly, its digestion will be easier than if we present it raw. So better to cook the apple. As well the flavor of the apple will enrich the sausages with a more sweet and savory taste.
Now that your questions are answered, let’s begin our cooking.
Submitted by Ankur pradhan