How to cook the Chicken Curry with Potatoes in Oven Recipe: – A rich and tasty lunch or dinner is the key to a good mood for the whole family. So here a simple recipe for a chicken curry with potatoes is given. The cooking technology is quite simple and does not require expensive products.
Chicken curry is the yellow salad that consists of pieces of chicken and curry sauce. Chicken salads were originally made to process leftover chicken. Nowadays, chicken curry salad is often made on an industrial scale for store sales or for sandwich shops and sandwich bars.
#1 Ingredients required for cooking the Chicken Curry with Potatoes in Oven Recipe
The ingredients that are re required for this recipe is not costly and they are common items that we use in our everyday cooking. Curry powder is often common in the houses of Asian nationsespecially Nepal and India.
Curry powder is the mixture of various spices and is more commonly referred to as Garam Masala. The curry powder is readily available in the market nowadays which is not costly at all. Let’s take a look at the ingredients that we need for this recipe.
- Chicken drumstick – 4 pcs.
- Potatoes – 500 g
- Sour cream – 2 tbsp.
- Garlic – 3 tooth.
- Curry – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 2 pinch (s) ground
- Salt – to taste
- Paprika sweet – 1 tsp ground
- Paprika sweet – 1 tsp dried slices
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp.
- Water boiled
Total cooking time – 1 hour 30 minutes
Active cooking time – 0 hours 30 minutes
Cost – very economical
Calorie content per 100 gr -133 kcal
Servings Per Container – 2 servings
#2 utensils and devices that are needed for cooking the Chicken Curry with Potatoes in Oven Recipe
The ingredients have been listed above so you can easily guess what type of utensils and devices that we need for this recipe. The utensils and devices are also common that we use daily in our kitchen. So nothing fancy and complicated which you can clean and store comfortably. Let’s take a look at the items that we will.be needed for this recipe.
- Deep form baking dish
- Oven mittens
- Spoon and ladles
- Knife and chopping board
- Dishes and bowls
- Mixer or mortar and pestle
- Paper towel
#3 Preparation before cooking the Chicken Curry with Potatoes in Oven Recipe
Contrary to what we think curry is not a single category of spice. It is a mixture of spices, rather yellow in color. In India, it takes a different name: it’s called the masala. The curry is mainly used to flavor the dishes. It is often used in meat, poultry and seafood recipes such as shrimp, mussels, and crabs.
This spice is cooked in the marinade, as in sauce. It also allows to color and exotise its dishes. It is a spice that goes very well with coconut milk. The curry is a condiment easy to handle in the kitchen. Just measure its use. Feel free to drip your dish several times. It is a spice used mainly for salty dishes: salads, soups, meats but very rarely for desserts.
If you wish, you can make the curry powder in the comfort of your kitchen as well. So this is the first step that you need to consider before cooking this recipe. Whether to use the ready made curry powder or make the powder by yourself. After the preparation of the curry powder, you can now concentrate on other preparations like:
- Arrange all the utensils, devices and dishes that are mentioned above.
- Place them in a nearby place so that is handy for you when in need.
- Wash your hands properly and get ready to handle the chicken. Put on the apron and place the paper towel nearby.
- Rinse the chicken legs well beforehand,clean and dry with paperweight.
- Again wash your hands and take the potatoes and garlic. Peel them and wash them properly.
- Clean the oven, baking dish and the glass door of the oven. Make sure that the oven is unplugged before you start cleaning.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
#4 How to cook the Chicken Curry with Potatoes in Oven Recipe
The method of cooking this chicken curry with the potatoes together in the oven is very simple. The process is mentioned here step by step.
Steps to follow:
- Prepare all the ingredients listed. Instead of chicken drumsticks, you can use any meat part of the chicken. Curry can be increased to 1.5 tsp.
- Pass the peeled garlic through a press or the mixer and add to the meat.
- Add curry, ground paprika, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Add sour cream. All ingredients mix well. Leave the meat to marinate at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the potatoes. Cut them into thin slices so that they have time to bake.
- Salt and pepper potato slices. Pour dried paprika or other spices at your discretion. Mix them well.
- For baking use a deep form.
- Pour oil into the bottom, preferably odorless and add a little boiling water (80-100 ml). Put the potato slices. Spread marinated drumsticks on top.
- Put the prepared meat and potatoes in the preheated oven.Bake for 50-60 minutes. The baking time depends on the power of the oven. Focus on your technique. If desired, you can cover with foil so that the legs are not burnt.
- Curry chicken with potatoes is ready. Serve hot to the table immediately.
#5 How to serve and eat the Chicken Curry with Potatoes in Oven Recipe
This dish is not only good to look at but the use of curry powder makes it fragrant and tasty to eat. The dish is very good for having during lunch and dinner time. Along with this recipe, multiple options of the side dish are available to serve the dish with. Such as:
- Plain or buttered rice or Pulao
- Bread, chapati or Nan
- Fruit and vegetable salad
- Green beans, sandwiches, pasta
- Chowmein flattened rice
- The dish is tastier when served hot.
#6 Some simple tips for your perfect cooking of the Chicken Curry with Potatoes in Oven Recipe
Chicken meats are the most tender and juicy meats which need less time to cook. If cooked properly, the meat can be perfect and nutritious for your family. Here are some tips for you to make your chicken tasty and nutritious:
- Chicken thighs have more taste and a tastier texture than chicken fillet. Yes, and a little more fat, but a little fat is not bad and it is widely known that fat provides taste. In addition, chicken fillet becomes too overcooked – and therefore dry – if chicken thighs are hard to bake. And if you find the fat really scary, you can always cut the excess off there.
- Chicken at the supermarket is often not the tastiest chicken (for example, often a lot of water comes out of the pan). And in many cases, it is also not a chicken with a particularly good life.
- Chicken with nothing tastes, of course, a bit like … nothing. Time for herbs! Making your own chicken herbs is a breeze (…), but you can also get tasty ready-made herbs from a good brand.
- Only a piece of chicken is incomplete. Add tasty sauces and side dishes. Just think of a salad with chicken drumsticks, a whole chicken with baked potatoes and apple sauce … and we can go on forever.
- Like all spices, curry can be kept cool and dry. Preferably, it should be put in a jar with a good lid. Thus preserved, it can last several years.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
Still,you have doubts regarding this recipe. If you have, then let’s answer some of the common questions that you have while going through this recipe.
Can I use the normal cream instead of sour cream?
You can use the cream you like if you don’t like the sour taste in your chicken curry. You can use the cream with or without fat. Experiment and use the flavors that you like in the dish.
Can I marinate the chicken one day before?
You can marinate the chicken one day before and preserve them in the fridge. Cover the meat with the foil. The curry will be more delicious than you can imagine.
Why does the boiled water is used in this recipe?
The boiled water when kept while baking the dish help the dish to cook more fay with the steam. This way the chicken and the potatoes will be more soft, tender and juicy.
How can we make the curry powder in the home?
Curry powder is simply the mixture of the ground spices grinned into a powder form. The ground spices that are used can be roasted so it enhances the taste of the food more. Or, if you have time you can sun dry the ground spices. You can use any spices that you like.
But more commonly and the basic spices that are used for this powder are coriander, cumin, fennel seeds, pepper, chilies, cloves, cardamom, etc. After preparing, store them in the airtight container and you can use the powder for a long time.
I hope all your questions are answered. Not get ready for cooking. Enjoy!
Submitted by Ankur Pradhan