How to cook the Chicken Curry with Potatoes Recipe in Pressure Cooker: – Here is a recipe for chicken and potatoes in a pressure cooker, which is suitable for a conventional pressure cooker. Also, such a chicken can be cooked in an ordinary pan! Cooking in a pressure cooker is very simple and fast.
The food is cooked in high-pressure steam inside the closed lid. So the meat becomes really juicy, soft and tender.
#1 Ingredients required for cooking the Chicken Curry with Potatoes in Pressure Cooker Recipe
The ingredients that we will be using in this recipe are the common ingredients which we use in our everyday kitchen. We will be focusing on creating a tasty dish using the same old ingredients. So let’s take a look at the ingredients that we need for cooking this recipe.
- Potato 1 Kilogram
- Chicken 1 Kilogram
- Spices to taste
- Onion 2-3 Pieces
- Carrots 2-3 Pieces
- Pickled Cucumbers 6-8 Pieces
- Milk 1 Cup
- Oil 70 Gram
Estimated time:45 minutes
Total time for preparation and cooking: 1hr.
#2 Utensils and Devices that are needed for cooking the Chicken Curry with Potatoes in Pressure Cooker Recipe
The recipe is pretty simple to cook. So are the utensils and the equipment. We don’t need many items because the process includes very few steps. All the items that we use are the common items that we have daily usage. So take a look at the utensils that we need for this recipe.
- Pressure Cooker
- Dishes and bowls
- Knife and chopping board
- Spoons and ladles
- Paper towel
#3 Preparation before cooking the Chicken Curry with Potatoes in Pressure Cooker Recipe
The principle of cooking in the cooker is simple. Its hermetic seal concentrates the steam and the pot manages to raise a higher temperature. That shortens the cooking times and, consequently, the use of energy.
It also concentrates the juices of the preparations, allowing to obtain more tender and tasty meats. And it better conserves the main nutrients of each food. Just as there are preparations in which the risk is not to place enough water or liquid, there are others in which there is no need to pass. Such as:
- Firstly, you need to prepare the meat of it is stored in the refrigerator. Take out the chicken 20 minutes before cooking and let it thaw in the room temperature.
- If the chicken is fresh, then wash your hands before handling the meat.
- Then clean the chicken in the running water and dry the meat with paper towels.After drying them properly, cut the meat into medium-sized pieces.
- Now again wash your hands so you can handle other ingredients.
- Gather and arrange all the utensils, items and ingredients and keep the min an orderly manner.
- Put on the apron and now you’re ready for the cooking of the recipe.
#4 How to cook the Chicken Curry with Potatoes in Pressure Cooker Recipe
The method for cooking the recipe simple that involves a lot of cleaning, chopping, and grating. Other than this, the cooking involves very less procedure which doesn’t take much time. So let’s get started with our cooking.
Steps to follow:
- Wash and clean the potato. If you have taken the medium or small-sized potatoes, use the whole potatoes. But if you’re using the large potatoes, then cut the potatoes in four.
- Now put the potatoes in the pressure cooker.
- Take onions, peel them, clean and finely chop them. Take the carrot sand clean them. If you want to peel them, you can do that but if you want to keep the carrots with their skin. You can also do that. Grate the carrots into fine pieces then.
- Put the onions and carrots into the pressure cooker with the potatoes. Mix them well. And put some salt according to your taste.
- Take the pickled cucumbers and wash them slightly if you want to lessen the sourness fo the cucumbers. Also cut them and then put them in the mixture in the pressure cooker. Also,mix them well
- Now take the chicken pieces and spread them on top of the mixture in the pressure cooker. Add the spices or the curry powder according to your taste. And mix them well.
- Pour milk and them add oil. You can use the Olive oil or any other vegetable oil that you prefer.
- Close the pressure cooker and put on the stove for 30-40 minutes on the medium heat.
- After the mentioned time, you can then put the stove off. Release the steam and open the lid.
- Here are the chicken and potatoes in the pressure cooker and ready. Enjoy your meal!
#5 How to serve and eat the Chicken Curry with Potatoes in Pressure Cooker Recipe
This potato chicken curry recipe is very delicious that you can have any time you like. You can eat the dish for lunch, dinner and even for afternoon light snacks. The dish is better to be served warm for it to taste good. You can serve and eat the dish with the following complimenting dishes. Such as:
- Plain rice, buttered rice or Popular
- Flattened rice, Plain Roti, Chapati, plain Nan or Buttered Nan
- Bread, beans, and salad
- Green beans, green vegetables, mashed potatoes
- French fries, carrot fries, pasta, chowmein with the cool beverage also complement this dish.
#6 Some simple tips for cooking the Chicken Curry with Potatoes in Pressure Cooker Recipe perfectly
Although modern versions redouble (and even quadruple) the number of safety valves to avoid the risks associated with their handling, it is still an important point to consider when cooking with these pots.
It is about respecting the manufacturer’s instructions and each recipe. With respect to the more modern electric ones, the risk is reduced as long as we respect the time and do not open the valve before its completion.
- The general rule is that the load should not exceed two-thirds of the pot.
- You need to respect the indicators of the valves, manufacturers recommend being very careful when cleaning them, to avoid remaining food that may clog them. And also be attentive to the maintenance of rubber and closure systems, to avoid leaks that nullify the seal.
- When the food is cooked in the cooker, turn off the heat and immediately release the steam. Open the lid and pour your dish in the serving bowl. So the food is not overcooked due to the pressurized steam.
- Check and make sure the safety valves are clean and in good condition to allow steam expulsion.
- Do not expose the pot to sudden temperature changes. It is best to wait 10-20 minutes for the pressure to be expelled naturally.
- To wash your pot, use natural dish washing detergent. Do not apply aggressive cleaning products because this could be harmful to health.
- When the pot is new it is necessary, first of all, to boil in it a couple of glasses of milk, in this way we can rely on its total cleaning. Then it can be washed with the usual detergent, never with abrasive powders. For subsequent cleaning, simply scrub it as if it were any other kitchen container.
- The valves and lid levers offer no difficulty in this regard. In the new pot, the rubber ring that allows its seal must also be washed. So it must be repeatedly removed and washed with soap or detergent, then left hanging outdoors for a few hours. When storing the pot, it should always be left open, supporting the lid so that the container is so that it can penetrate the air.
- Always have the safety valve clean, a fine stream of steam must come out, otherwise, it will be clogged, and this is dangerous. Close the lid of the pressure cooker perfectly.
- Do not put the pot on the fire until you make sure that the pot has closed properly.
- Do not forget to lower the heat to an average temperature once the valve has risen.
- Never open the pot until you have expelled all the steam. Wait for the valve to lower.
- Do not use the pot if we notice that there are leaks from the seals or the lid does not close tightly. It could run out of liquid inside and burn its contents.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
How can I rapidly cool the pressure cooker so that I can open it immediately?
Once the cooking with the pressure cooker is finished, it is cooled, it can be quick or normal. Rapid cooling is carried out by placing the pot under the tap stream, which must pass through the side of the pot. This procedure is only advisable in a hurry, as food loses its flavor and finesse.
On the other hand, the normal cooling, letting the pressure drop by itself and little by little, is the best.Since no sudden temperature change affects the delicacies, not altering them in their properties or in their appearance.
The method here shows that none of the ingredients have been fried. Is it not necessary for ingredients to be fried properly?
The above recipe is slightly different from other recipes in the sense that no ingredients are fried. They are chopped, cut, grated and some spices and salt are added. Then only put on the heat for cooking.
This process helps in preserving the natural taste, aroma, vitamins, and nutrients of the food. Frying in oil often causes the loss of these nutrients.
The taste of the ingredients this lost in oil and the mas alas that we put. In this recipe, you will be able to experience the natural taste of the ingredients.
I don’t think there are any further questions. Since the process of cooking is so simple. So why not try this dish once?
Submitted by Ankur pradhan