|Estimated time for cooking: 45-1 hr.||Makes: 7.5 liters (30 cups).|
How to cook the Chicken Feet for Dogs Recipe:- Chicken feet are the lower part of the chicken, which is used as food in China and other countries. Chicken legs (paws) are used in a number of regional Chinese cuisines.
They can be served as a beer snack, as a meat dish cooked in soup or as a main course. In Indonesian cuisine, chicken legs are called ceder. They are a popular delicacy in Indonesia, especially in Java. Chicken legs in Indonesia are cooked in a spicy traditional soup called Soto.
Chicken legs, known as ceder in Malaysia, are most popular among Malays of Javanese origin, among Chinese and Thais. Many traditional Malay restaurants in Johor offer Malay style chicken legs. In Clangorous, chicken legs are cooked in a soup with vegetables and spices or deep-fried in palm oil.
Malaysian Chinese eat chicken legs .In Thai cuisine, chicken legs are used in various dishes, for example, in chicken with green curry (a mixture of spices based on turmeric root).In Korea,Chicken legs are watered with hot red pepper sauce and grilled. They are often eaten as a main course and served with alcohol.
In the Philippines, chicken legs are marinated in brine with calamine, spices, and brown sugar, then grilled. Chicken legs are a popular Philippine fast food. Moreover, they are called “Adidas” (in honor of the sports shoe brand “ Adidas”). Chicken legs are part of the ingredients for the Filipino adobe dish.
Chicken feet are adored by dogs, a treat that brings solid advantages. The optimal content of animal protein, especially necessary for the development of young puppies. Soft bones, which also contribute to the development of the jaw apparatus.
Gelatin-rich cartilage for restoration and growth of bones and joints.A small amount of fat that is involved in the production of hormones and enzymes.So the chicken feet are the ideal nutritious diet for your adorable four-legged friends.
#1 Ingredients needed for cooking the Chicken Feet for Dogs Recipe
Dog owners want a diet for their four-legged friend, which not only tastes delicious but is also healthy. Chicken feet for dogs are not just a diet or food – this low-fat natural chew is also rich in valuable calcium.
The recipe mentioned here guarantees a perfect combination of carbohydrates, proteins, and vegetables, to keep it in splendid shape. Rice-based porridge with chicken feet and vegetables is not only good for him but also easy to make and cheap if you use seasonal products. Here are the ingredients that are needed for this recipe.
- 1 kg chicken legs (about 6 legs)
- 9 lt Water
- 200 g Rice
- 828 ml Canned diced tomatoes (in their own juice)
- 828 ml Chicken broth (canned)
- 4 potatoes
- 4 carrots (and sliced)
- 150 g Macaroni
- 680 g Frozen peas
Estimated time for cooking:45-1 hr.
Makes 7.5 liters(30 cups).
#2 Inventories required for cooking the Chicken Feet for Dogs Recipe
The homemade recipe for dogs is an ever-evolving field. The four-legged friends deserve to take quality products and always stay in perfect shape.That’s why the recipe given here is the perfect diet for your pet.
Especially if your pet is young and growing. The cooking of this recipe may take a long time but once cooked, the diet can be fed to your pet for a number of days. This recipe is prepared in the oven as well as saucepan and pot. So let’s see what articles are needed for making this recipe for your dog.
- Oven and baking dish
- Oven mittens
- Beating hammer for feet
- Saucepan of 2.8 lt
- Deep pot of 7.5 lt
- Measuring cup
#3 Preparation before cooking the Chicken Feet for Dogs Recipe
The chicken legs, they are a bit like the paws of pigs. Cooking is a long time and you have to spend hours to soften the few materials that surround the bones. And like pig’s feet, they contain a lot of gelatin. It seems that it is a dish to discover.
The preparation for this recipe can be a tedious task for you. A little laborious but ideal for your pet. But once cooked, the diet can be fed to your pet for several days. Preparation before making this recipe involves preparing the chicken feet for cooking. So let’s prepare for making this recipe.
- Wash hands properly first, you don’t want your pet to suffer from infection or indigestion.
- Soak the legs in cold water for 2 hours.
- Rinse the feet under running water and brush with a small stiff bristle brush.
- Soak again, stir and change the water.
- Bleach them, leave them in cold water.
- Get the feet out of the water and repeat the operation from freshwater this time. Cool again.
- Detach the outer skin with an economical knife.
- Cut the nails and fingertips with a chisel. The feet are now clean, ready to be cooked.
- Again wash your hands to prevent cross-contamination.
- Take rice, wash until the water is clear.
- Peel the carrots and potatoes. Clean them properly. And chop them into cubes.
- Get ready for cooking this recipe.
#4 How to cook the Chicken Feet for Dogs Recipe
We usually throw the chicken legs, considering them as dirty and waste. No doubt we throw them because we do not know how to cook them. The chicken legs are not dirtier than pork legs that wade through the mud. So yes they are dirty, but just clean them! In Asia, it is a refined dish because it not only requires hours of preparation.
But also because it believes in its virtue to beautify the skin of women. In fact, the chicken feet are filled with gelatin as well as pork feet. And if we know how to prepare them they can be used for the preparation of sauces and the tasty nutritional diet for your dogs. Here is the method for cooking the chicken feet with rice for your pet.
Steps to follow:
- Preheat the oven to 190 °. Place the chicken legs in a baking dish and put the dish in the oven.
- Let it roast for 30 minutes, turn the legs over and continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take the legs out of the oven and let them cool a bit.
- Beat the legs and reserve the meat. Meanwhile, add enough water to the baking dish to cover the cooking fat and return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the oven. With a spoon, peel off the small pieces that have adhered to the sides and bottom of the dish.
- Reserve the liquid (you can discard the bones or wrap and freeze them to make broth later). This step can be done in advance.
- In a saucepan, bring 500 ml of water to a boil over high heat. Add the rice, reduce to medium-low heat, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Until the water has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes and their juice, the rest of the water and the chicken broth in a 7.5-liter pot. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the potatoes and carrots. Reduce to medium-high and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the macaroni and cook another 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and add peas, rice, reserved chicken and all remaining liquid.
- Each stew recipe will give enough food to feed your dog for 4 to 8 weeks, depending on its size.
#5 How to feed the Chicken Feet for Dogs Recipe
As said above, this recipe once prepared can be fed to the dog for several days. Here is how you can feed this food to your pet.
- Serve the chicken and rice to the dog using his usual bowl. Follow the vet’s instructions on how to feed him, but generally, you should progressively feed a dog. If your four-legged friend digests the food, give it a little more next time, gradually proceeding to serve a full portion at mealtime.
- Administer the chicken legs for dogs to adult dogs as a reward, or pastime, adapting the daily food ration accordingly. Always leave fresh, clean water available. Watch your dog while he eats this dish.
#6 Some simple tips to follow for cooking the Chicken Feet for Dogs Recipe
Chicken and chicken legs for dogs are a great reward for your dog. It is a natural and healthy dish for your dog that can be fed morning and evening.
Excellent calcium intake, ideal for cleaning the dog’s teeth with mechanical action are the benefits of this dish for your pet. While making this recipe, consider these simple tips so you can make a perfect dish for your best friend.
- By-products for dogs do not pass such careful control as products for humans, so there is a chance to buy spoiled or infected meat. Always make sure that the feet you bought are healthy.
- If your dog eats too fast, then he will swallow the feet just as quickly, because of this, he may choke. So before feeding chicken paws will have to be crushed with a hammer.
- Tubular bones can also damage the dog, carefully inspect food so as not to injure the pet.
- If the chicken was old, on the legs it can have long stiff nails that need to be cut. You can also serve the feet frozen or steeped in boiling water. This reduces the chance of injury to the esophagus and intestinal wall of your dog.
- Adult formed dogs, as well as pregnant and lactating dogs, can consume them in unlimited quantities, since the need for nutrients is doubled. It is also worth paying attention to the claws and tubular bones if the paw is large – break its bone in half with a cleaver or a hammer.
- For feeding Puppies,good heat treatment is required. Cook over medium heat for 40 minutes, add a little parsley or dill. For Adults and Nursing Mothers you need to preserve useful and important elements. Cook no more than 10 minutes on high heat, you can also add herbs and greens.
- It is not recommended to feed the dog meat and dairy offal at the same time, as this can cause indigestion.
- Consult a veterinarian before preparing a dog recipe. The veterinarian can verify if this diet can be fed to your pet.
- Dogs cannot process dressings the way humans can. Do not use salt, pepper or any other spice when preparing homemade dog food.
- Do not use any oil and remove all the fat from the meat you cook. These compounds make the pancreas work harder to digest and this can cause inflammation of this organ.
- If your dog vomit after eating this dish,call the vet immediately. Dogs (especially small ones) can become dehydrated very quickly if they vomit. So it is essential that you keep them hydrated so that their disease is cured. The more they become dehydrated, the worse their symptoms will be and start to affect their other organs, such as the kidneys.
- If there is no certainty that they are of high quality and do not carry infection, it is better, of course, to boil them. And clear off the bones.
- Always monitor the reaction of the intestines and skin of the pet to avoid problems. It is undesirable to give chicken skin.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
As you decide to make this recipe, you may have some doubts and confusions. Regarding the health of your dog. So take a look at some questions which may arise in your mind too.
Are the chicken feet good for the dogs?
Chicken feet are a very nutritious diet that can be given to your dog. But some people.and veterinarian is opposed to this idea. It is because the tubular bones, nails, and claws can cause internal injury to your pet.
So it is better if you as mentioned in this recipe remove the nails, clean them properly and beat them with the hammer. You can remove the outer shell and the internal meat can be given to your dog.
Can I feed the raw chicken feet to my dog?
Raw chicken legs may not be the prettiest things you ever feed your dog, however, it will provide a good amount of glucose, a vital nutrient for joint health. Chicken legs can also act as natural toothbrushes, playing a role in the daily maintenance of your dog’s teeth. There is a risk of contamination by salmonella with raw chicken feed.
However, dogs’ digestive systems have been developed to process even contaminated food with relative safety. You can control the amount of contamination to which you are exposing it with the same food handling. Sandwiching techniques that keep you safe when handling raw meats for human consumption.
Are the chicken bones good for dog’s health?
Despite the bad reputation that chicken bones have for dogs, the reality is not so. Chicken bones do have nutritional value (in fact they are one of the best bones for dogs), providing nutrients such as calcium or phosphorus in the right ratios.
Dogs can eat chicken bones, but you have to observe some rules. However, there are people who are not comfortable giving dogs bones, and that is no problem. If that’s your case, don’t give bones to your dog and that’s it!
How To Give Chicken Bones Sourdough?
Bones for dogs should not be the basis of your dog’s diet. Just give your dog chicken bones occasionally, as a supplement to his diet.If you want to feed your dog chicken bones, give them raw.
A cooked, boiled or roasted bone should never be fed to a dog. They are very dangerous, they splinter and can cause stomach and intestinal perforations. If you have a small dog, give only small and easy bones and vary between different areas.
If you have a large dog, such as a German shepherd or a rottweiler dog, you can give it larger bones such as those of the chicken leg. If your dog is already very old or has bad teeth or digestive problems, you better not give him chicken bones or any other kind.
I hope all your questions are answered. Love your dog and feed him this diet.
Submitted by Ankur pradhan