How to Cook Curry of Chicken fillet with coconut milk recipe in Microwave oven:- Chicken fillet is a versatile and dietary product that has many advantages. Fillet of the chicken is the tender meat of the breast of the chicken which is slices uniformly and thinly so they can be cooked easily.
Else the thick meat of the chicken breasts takes longer time to cook. The fillet has less fat as well so the meat is consumed by the athletes and media personnel more. Usually, those people who want to stay lean and thin prefer the fillet.
The fillet is easy to prepare, there is no trouble with it, the fillet is cooked quickly, it turns out delicious. But, unfortunately, many believe that the chicken fillet dishes are pretty uniform. The main nuance of preparing the fillet is not to dry it, which means not to overdo it on fire or in the oven. Well, let’s get down to cooking chicken right?
#1 Ingredients needed for cooking Curry of Chicken Fillet with coconut milk recipe in the oven
Now that you understand what chicken fillet is, let’s go-to cooking. The dish is going to be super easy, takes less time to cook and it’s going to be rich in texture and delicious to taste. We are going to use the coconut milk in the dish to give the dish a fine color, make it less spicy in taste and rich in texture. So let’s go with the ingredients which are listed for 5 servings.
Ingredients for 5 people:
- 5 chicken fillets
- 425ml of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Tikka Masala curry paste
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
#2 Types of equipments that are needed for cooking the Chicken Fillet Curry with coconut milk recipe
Today we will be cooking the Chicken fillet curry in the oven. It will be helpful to cook the fillet uniformly, easily and faster with less oil. We don’t want to increase our fat right.
That’s one of the purposes we are cooking with fillet today besides the fillet being tasty. We use fewer ingredients to make a simple yet tasty dish. So the equipment and utensils we need are not much. Let’s take a look at our need.
- Baking Tray
- Oven mittens
- Chopping board
- Spoons and ladles
- Measuring cup for coconut milk
- Saucepan with lid
- Paper towel or clean cloth
- Aluminum foil
#3 Preparation Before Cooking this recipe
The dish we are going to cook today is pretty simple. But few things you need to keep in mind is preparing yourself, your kitchen with all the utensils and ingredients beforehand. So you avoid any kind of confusion and doubts. So the preparation steps have also been included here.
- Wash your hands and dry. It’s one of the vital steps that you cannot forget.
- Read carefully all the ingredients and equipment. If needed write it down or make a list.
- Arrange all the and utensils on the kitchen counter.
- Gather all the ingredients and keep them in separate bowls.
- Clean the fillet in the clean water and dry them with a paper towel or clean cloth.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. It is must step you need to do. If you forget to preheat the oven, the fillet is not going to be cooked uniformly. They take more time to cook and may become dry.
- Peel the onions and garlic and chop them finely.
- Make the curry paste by mixing the curry powder in little water.
All done, now you’re ready to cook.
#4 How to cook the Chicken Fillet Curry with coconut milk recipe
This recipe mentioned here is very simple to cook. You don’t have to go through lots of procedure to make this dish. Unless you prefer to make the coconut milk at home by yourself. You can find the process of making the coconut milk below. Let’s begin our cooking.
Steps to follow:
- Put the saucepan on the low heat and make it warm.
- Fry the chopped onions and garlic in a lichette of olive oil over low heat so that they take a little color.
- In another saucepan, warm the coconut milk with the 3 tablespoons of curry paste. Mix and heat over low heat for a few moments to get the mixture going well.
- Put the onions and garlic mixture after they take a nice brown color in the bottom of a baking dish. Place over the chicken fillets. Pour the mixture coconut milk/curry paste over the fillet. Possibly salt if you wish. Make sure that the chicken fillet is evenly covered with the mixture of coconut milk and curry paste.
- Put in the oven 20 to 30 minutes and serve with rice. We also serve it with mango chutney and sliced bananas.
#5 Some simple tips you can follow while cooking the chicken fillet curry with coconut milk
Do you like your chicken fillet to be tender, juicy and evenly cooked? Then with these simple tips, learn how to get a chicken tenderloin that is both tender and juicy.
- Use a heavy-bottomed pan. Opt also for a pan adapted to the size of your chicken fillet. In a pan too big, the fat faster and you will need to add more.
- Remove the chicken fillet from the refrigerator in advance. The chicken is a little wet? Then dry it with paper towels before cooking.
- Season your chicken fillet in advance, but do it just before cooking to prevent salt from absorbing all the moisture in the meat.
- Let your chicken fillets rest on a hot plate after cooking and cover with a sheet of aluminum foil. The meat can thus relax and the juice has the possibility of spreading again over the whole piece.
#6 How to serve and eat the Chicken Fillet Curry with coconut recipe
The chicken fillet recipe is so tasty that you may not any other side dish beside it. Yes, I said the side dish because, in front of this curry, any dish you place would be the side dish. But if prefer diversity, then you can eat the dish with the following ways:
- Eat just the curry with your favorite beverage.
- It is better to serve and eat the dish warm so it tastes better.
- Prepare some boiled plain rice to go with the dish.
- You can even prepare basmati rice Pulao if you want to feel more celebratory.
- You can accompany pasta, chowmein or flattened rice with the dish for your afternoon light snack.
- Or, why not make some flatbreads or Plain roti, chapati, buttered Nan or Plain Nan to go with this dish.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions for your common Curiosities
Although the process of making the dish has been explained quite clearly, there may be some doubts or questions you have. So why not try to resolve all the Questions.
Which is better for the taste of chicken curry- the coconut milk or cream?
Actually, both taste good and both add the richness and texture to the dish. Coconut milk helps in reducing the chilliness of the dish and good for lactose-intolerant people.
How to make coconut milk at home?
The first thing is to open the coconut. By giving a few strong blows we will be able to crack it, so the water inside can be reserved. To do this, put the coconut on a glass and let it out. Then we will finish opening the coconut and we will separate the meat from the shell of the seed. With this meat would be to grate it or separate it with a barbed brush. But by doing it this way we can cut it into small pieces.
Then we put the coconut meat in a glass to crush it with the blender or chopper. And little by little we add the water, beating. We will see how a thick dough is made.
This is due to the mixture of coconut oil and water. Let stand for a while and prepare to filter the preparation. We squeeze the grated meat well until it is very dry. In this way, we have obtained our coconut milk, which will serve us in countless preparations.
Can I use chicken thigh instead of fillet?
Yes, you can use the thighs instead of the fillet. But keep in mind that the thighs will take more to cook than the fillet.
Can I cook this dish in a saucepan rather than the oven?
Well, with little changes why not. It’s not that you have to stick to the rules. Just fry the onions, garlic in the saucepan and put the fillet in the pan after the garlic and onions are well cooked. Cover the lid of the pan so that your fillet can be cooked properly.
Is there any difference between readymade coconut milk and homemade coconut milk?
Well, there can be a little difference you know. The milk you make at home will be original without any factory chemicals used for the maximum storage.
Submitted By Ankur Pradhan