How to cook the Chicken Fillet Curry in Pressure Cooker Recipe: – Chicken fillet is a universal product, it is a pleasure to cook it because it is very simple, even a child can handle it. Probably the best option is to cook the chicken in Pressure Cooker because this kitchen assistant makes it easy to create even the most difficult dishes.
Chicken meat is considered to be dietary, so a lot of dishes for a wide variety of gourmets can be prepared from the fillet of this bird. One of the best alternatives is to cook the fillet curry in a pressure cooker.
#1 Ingredients needed for cooking the Chicken Fillet Curry in Pressure Cooker Recipe
Fillet curry is considered to be an absolutely dietary dish, it can be used even by those who carefully monitor their weight and figure.
Therefore, now we will learn how to cook just such a dish and you will see that it is not only simple and does not require much time, but also very tasty. The ingredients that we need for this recipe are listed below:
- Chicken fillet – 4 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Curry powder to taste
- Water – 2 glasses
- Garlic and ginger
- Green coriander
- Bay leaves
- Green chilies
- Milk or cream
#2 Types of utensils and required for cooking the Chicken Fillet Curry in Pressure Cooker Recipe
The chicken breast curry is not only delicious to taste but it also looks attractive. The dish doesn’t take much time since the meat is cooked in the pressure cooker. But we are going to prepare the sauce or the curry mix in separately so we have to use fewer more utensils. Let’s look at the equipment that we need for this recipe.
- Pressure cooker
- Spoons and ladles
- Saucepan with a lid to cover
- Paper towels
- Knife and chopping board
#3 Preparation before cooking the Chicken Fillet Curry in Pressure Cooker Recipe
As mentioned above, in this we are going to prepare the curry mix or the sauce for the meat separately. And we need extra pan, spoons, and ladles. So we need to prepare all the utensils, and ingredients to avoid any rush and accident.
Also if we prepare beforehand, this will save much of our time and energy and can enjoy our cooking with it’s a beautiful aroma. Things we need to prepare are:
- As a usual check for any crack in the cooker, you’re going to cook the dish in. This point is emphasized in every post related to cooking in the pressure cooker because if there is any crack. The cooker may blast or there may be some accident in the kitchen.
- Collect all the utensils and equipment that are mentioned above and arrange them nearby.
- Clean the blender with a clean cloth.
- Wash your hands properly and wash onions, tomatoes, coriander, chilies, ginger, and garlic.
- Clean the chopping board and finely chop the onion, tomatoes, chilies, and coriander. Peel the garlic and ginger and cut them in fine pieces.
- Clean the chicken and dry them using a paper towel.
- Clean the saucepan and the lid.
- Wash your hands properly once you finished handling the meat.
#4 How to cook the Chicken Fillet Curry in Pressure Cooker Recipe
This delicious, tender and juicy chicken fillet curry is a must dish that you have to try once in a while. Not only trying but also cooking. Since we are using a pressure cooker, it’s much easier to cook this dish.
And if you are a working lady or gentleman in fact, then you must prepare this dish on your weekends. The dish gets ready in no time and gives you the exotic flavor when you try to enjoy your holiday in a special way. So let’s begin with our cooking.
Steps to follow:
- First, wash the fillet thoroughly, then dry it with paper towels.
- After that, carefully rub the chicken meat with salt and spices. Leave the fillet for just a couple of minutes, so that it has time to soak in spices, but not to wind.
- Then pour water into the bowl of your multicooker, and place a special container for cooking steamed on top.
- The next step is to carefully lay out the fillets and close the cooker lid. Now select the “Steamed” mode, the cooking time is only 15 minutes. If you are using the traditional cooker, then secure the lid properly and let it steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the final signal, transfer the dish to a separate plate and cut into convenient pieces.
- Put the saucepan on the medium heat and put some oil. Sauté the onion, garlic, and ginger.
- After they are soft and turned their color to brown, put the chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Fry them until the tomatoes and the oil are separated.
- Now put some curry powder, chilies, salt to taste and stir. Fry for some time and put some little water. You can use the water that is left in the cooker after steaming the meat. This water would have all the taste of the meat.
- Let it simmer for a while. Put off the heat and let it cool for a while.
- With blender make the paste and again place the paste in the saucepan on medium heat. Put some water or milk or cream if you want to make the sauce creamy and thick.
- Put the steamed chicken and let it simmer for a while. Or, until the meat is completely soaked in the sauce.
- That’s all! With a minimum amount of effort, you get a delicious dietary product.
#5 How to serve and eat the Chicken Fillet Curry in Pressure Cooker Recipe
This fillet can be served with boiled potatoes, various cereals, for example, buckwheat or rice, or you can prepare a salad of fresh vegetables and herbs. There’s not any definite side dish that you have to accompany this recipe with. You can enjoy the dish with:
- Plain rice, buttered rice or plain roti, Nan or bread.
- Pasta and salads can also be a good choice.
- Beaten rice with your favorite beverage is also a good side dish for this recipe.
- Why not try mashed potatoes or green beans?
#6 Some tips to follow for your perfect cooking of the Chicken Fillet Curry in Pressure Cooker Recipe
It is very important to learn how to cook chicken fillet correctly because if you do not adhere to certain rules, you can get a tasteless, dry dish. In order for everything to turn out juicy, aromatic and, naturally, very tasty, you need to remember:
- Choose only fresh products. Also, make sure that the meat you buy is stored in proper conditions.
- Use spices. Now there are many different spices, which are called For Chicken. The producers took care of our time and created seasoning mixtures that are most suitable for chicken meat.
- You can even make the Curry powder in the home by yourself. That way, you can add the spices that you like better. Basic spices for the curry powder are turmeric, cloves, cardamom, fennel seeds, cardamom, pepper, etc.
- Do not overdo the fillet in a slow cooker. Chicken is a product that, with prolonged heat treatment, loses all its flavor and health benefits. Especially this rule should be followed by those who decide to cook the steamed chicken because in this case, the meat will become completely dry.
- It is recommended to marinate the meat for a while, then it is guaranteed to turn out a great juicy dish.
- Make sure that after you pour the dish on the serving plate. Clean the cooker and it’s lid thoroughly. Also, clean the saucepan and blender.
- Do not throw the water left in the cooker after steaming the meat. You can use it to cook some other curry.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use other body parts of the chicken instead of chicken breasts?
You can use any part of the chicken like legs, thighs if you like. It’s only the cooking time that you have to consider. The thighs may take a slightly longer time than the breasts to cook.
Do I have to blend the mixture?
If you don’t mind the chunks of tomatoes, onions, chilies, garlic, and ginger. You don’t have to blend the mixture. But blending the mixture makes the sauce more rich, thick and smooth.
Can’t I just steam the meat in the pan?
You can steam the meat in any utensils you like. In a pressure cooker, the meat takes less time to cook and the nutrition also get preserved in the meat. In other utensils, it will take longer and the nutrition of the meat may get lost.
Can I use the water left in the cooker after steaming the meat for cooking another dish?
You don’t have to throw away the water in the pressure cooker after steaming the meat. The water contains the fat of the meat, the taste of the spices used. So use the water in other vegetables that you cook. It will taste much better.
With this, I think all your questions have been answered. Now get with the cooking and enjoy the exotic flavor of the dish. Happy cooking!
Submitted by Ankur Pradhan