How to cook the Homemade Chicken Sausage in the Oven Recipe:- Dishes using chicken always turn out to be more tender, soft and pleasant to taste. This meat is not just tasty, it is also healthy. Today we offer a dish based entirely on chicken. Today we will cook the homemade chicken sausage.
Just imagine how tender this appetizer will turn out. However, we will add a large number of spices to the meat: marjoram, pepper, coriander, garlic, etc. Thanks to them, as well as cognac, the sausage will turn out to be incredibly fragrant.
But thanks to the fact that we will cook it in the oven, be sure that it will also be extremely attractive and mouth-watering because it will have beautiful golden skin.
#1 Ingredients required for cooking the Home made Chicken Sausage in the Oven Recipe
The chicken sausages are soft, tender and juicy of cooked properly. There are sausages available easily in the market. But when we bring the ready made market made sausages homeland cook them instantly. We all have experienced that they tend to be dry and you have to keep on chewing till you swallow with water.
So here we are giving you the recipe for making the sausages by yourself at the comfort of your home. The ingredients that we need for this recipe are few which you can easily buy in the market. So let’s look at the ingredients that we need for this recipe.
- Chicken fillet 2, 5 kg.
- Cream 1 cup
- Cognac 50 g or Brandy/whiskey
- Salt2 tbsp.
- Ground Coriander1 tbsp.
- Marjoram 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper 1 tsp
- Garlic 5-6 tooth.
- Butter 30 g
- Pig intestines
- Jug of clean water
These ingredients are listed for:
- Servings: 5
- With the estimated time : 1 hr 40 min.
#2 Things and utensils that we require for cooking the Homemade Chicken Sausage in the Oven Recipe
Since we are going to make the sausage in the comfort of our kitchen, you may think we require lots of utensils and several types of equipment and dishes. Bu there you can be wrong.
Though we will make the sausage, cook them and prepare the dish from those sausages. The utensils and that we require aren’t much. Why don’t we look at the utensils that we are going to use in this recipe?
Utensils and other items that we need:
- Oven and baking dish
- Bowls or trays
- Knife and chopping board
- Mortar and pestle or grinder
- Measuring cup
- Plastic foil or aluminum foil
- Sausage syringe
- Needle or toothpick
- Saucepan with lid
- Small brush
- Cotton threads(optional)
#3 Preparation before cooking the Home made Chicken Sausage in the Oven Recipe
Prior to making our homemade sausage in the oven, it’s advisable to prepare all the things, items, and utensils that you require for the recipe. Likewise, gather all the ingredients that you need and keep it on the kitchen counter so it’s easier for you to grab the things when you require them.
Else it will able very confusing, your kitchen will be dirty and you will waste more time rushing here and there to get your things. That’s why this point is emphasized more. Let’s see what preparation you need before cooking this recipe.
- Arrange all the devices and utensils you need.
- Clean them properly as we don’t want to contaminate our food items.
- Make sure that the plug of the oven and the grinder is out before cleaning them with a clean cloth.
- Clean the oven, baking tray and the glass door of the oven. This way you can check on from outside how you’re sausage is coming up.
- Clean the trays and dishes that you’re going to use for the recipe.
- If you’re using the cotton thread, make sure it’s new or clean.
- Put on the apron and wash your hands properly as you’re going to be using your hands for mixing the meat.
- Make sure that after every time you handle the meat, you wash your hands before you touch another items.
#4 How to cook the Home made Chicken Sausage in the Oven Recipe
Do not panic for when we say that we are going to make the sausages at our kitchen. The process is very simple, less time consuming and can be done within an hour. Let’s take a look at the process step by step.
Steps to follow:
- At the first stage of cooking, we need chicken meat. Take any that you have. But pass one part of the meat through a meat grinder, and cut the other part with a knife into small cubes.
- After that, add salt, black pepper, ground coriander, and marjoram to the chicken.
- In the third stage, you need to peel the garlic. Make the paste of the garlic either in your mortar and pestle or grinder. And keep it to our future sausage stuffing.
- In order for the sausage to have a pleasant and more original taste, add 50 grams of cognac, brandy or whiskey to the minced meat.
- After that, pour the cream into the minced meat. They can be of any fat content, the main thing is to be fresh. Thanks to this component, the sausage will have an even more pleasant and delicate creamy taste. Thoroughly mix the whole stuffing with your hands. We cover it with foil and send it to the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Next, we need the pig’s intestines, which have already been pre-washed and salted. We wash them. Using a sausage syringe, we fill the intestine with minced meat. We tie the sausage on both sides to the knots. The sausage should not be very full, otherwise, it will burst during cooking. We pierce it throughout the intestine with a needle. If desired, the gut with minced meat can be scrolled. Then we get a lot of small sausages.
- Now pour water into a saucepan and boil it. As soon as the water boils, we put the sausage into it. Reduce the fire to a minimum and cook a snack for about 35 minutes.
- After that, we transfer the sausage to a baking dish, which we previously covered with foil and greased with vegetable oil. On top of the sausage, we also lightly grease it with oil. We then put the sausage to bake in an oven preheated to 220 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- After the indicated time, the fragrant and beautiful home-made chicken sausage is ready.
#5 Some simple tips to follow for the perfect cooking of the Home made Chicken Sausage in the Oven Recipe
If we have time and we want to do something fast,then the sausages are an ideal dish to prepare.They are nothing complicated to prepare, but, as in everything, there are mistakes we usually make that make them less juicy. So some key tricks are listed below for your assistance.
- Usually when we make the sausage purely of chicken meat especially of the fillet. It tends to be dry and thick as we put it on the heat. So it’s advisable to add some other meat in the minced chicken meat. You can add duck meat or other poultry meat.
- All meat, if frozen, must be thawed in advance. However, now there is a chilled bird on sale that has not been frozen.
- To prevent chicken sausages from being dry,fat should be added to the minced meat, ideally chicken. There is some problem with this – chicken fat is not lard, and it is not enough on the chicken carcass. Therefore, it is worthwhile to freeze a piece of butter in advance, then grate it directly on the grater. Stuff well with a spatula or spoon. As you mix the meat with your hands, the butter will melt itself.
- Stuffing does not require ripening, it is ready for the filling of chicken sausage. Wash prepared pig intestines and examine for tears. If you would not want the chicken sausage to be long and uniform, if there is a rupture of the shell, at this point it will have to be cut and tied to the ends. You get two pieces of the shell. Rinse the shell well before stuffing – in the store, it is sold with salt, preservative additives.
- For the convenience of further cooking, the sausage rolled into a spiral must be tied with a cotton thread, fixing all the turns of the spiral and the ends.
- It is not necessary to pull the shell, it can break, and the chicken sausage burst. Then you have to cut it and tie the ends. By the way, if you decide to make chicken sausages, then you need to dress with a thread all the spaces between them.
- During this time, the sausage must be turned several times for better roasting. Poultry is roasted quickly. It is important that the chicken sausage starts to blush and become a pleasant dark golden color. By and large, the final time for which the chicken sausage will be ready is determined by the degree of browning of the surface.
- It is very common that we puncture the sausages so that they do not burst when they are made. However, when we do that we are favoring them to lose juice. If we want to prevent them from bursting, it is best to put them in a couple of minutes in cold water.
- The sausages packaged, not surprisingly, are less healthy and contain more artificial additives. So a way to make them a little healthier is cooking. In this way, we do not add oil grease.
#6 How to serve and eat the Home made Chicken Sausage in the Oven Recipe
Chicken sausages the dish that can be used as afternoon snacks or to entertain your guests with a beautiful appetizer. The sausages should not be stored for future use. It is wise to finish all the sausages in a day when you cook the dish. It’s better and tastier of you serve the sausage hot and warm. The side dish that can be accompanied with the sausages can be:
- Chicken sausage can be served at the table as it is pulled out of the oven. And you can cut into pieces, put on a plate with vegetable slices,or mustard, fresh bread.
- With such a sausage, excellent sandwiches and salads are obtained. Once we cooked pizza with chicken, using chicken sausage.
- You can even eat this dish with rice, pasta, roti, Nan accompanied by your favorite beverage.
- Mashed potatoes, potato fry, carrot fry can also be the ideal side dish with the chicken sausage.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
If you are making the sausages in the home by yourself, this recipe can be very ideal. But if you’re cooking the sausage for the first time, you may get confused. You may have some doubts and some questions. That’s why we are going to answer some of your questions.
What type of spices do I have to use for making the sausage?
To make chicken sausage with a pleasant spicy smell, we added aromatic spices. Salt and pepper the minced meat, add 1-2 pinches of coarsely ground hot pepper, 0.5 tsp. ground coriander. You can add a little thyme, rubbing it with your fingers to a state of dust. In addition, you can even add some ground fenugreek. This is a very aromatic spice, it must be added carefully and in moderation.
Do I have to use the cotton thread to tie the knot of the shell of the sausage?
You can use the thread to tie the knot in the middle of you are making the long spiral sausages. But if you’re making the individual small sausage, you can tie the knot with the pig intestine.
What is marjoram?
Marjoram in Nepali is called Kuthara(कुठरा). It is an herb. People make medicine from marjoram’s flowers, leaves, and oil. Marjoram have been more commonly used for runny nose, coughs, colds, infections, and various digestion problems. But there is no such scientific evidence to support these usage or any other uses. In foods, marjoram herb and oil are mainly used as flavorings. It is available in the Nepali market.
Why go with all this time-consuming process when I can easily buy the ready made sausage in the market?
You can buy the sausage in the market but the ready made sausage has the chemicals or preservatives used for their long storage. And the flavorings and spices added in the sausage will not be according to your taste. So it’s much healthier and tastier to make the sausage in the home.
Now after your questions have been answered, you can go with your cooking. Enjoy your sausage!
Submitted by Ankur pradhan