How to cook the Roasted Chicken Legs with Curry Sauce Recipe In Microwave:-A simple idea for cooking chicken legs, a recipe of chicken legs in sauce, curry and cream sauce a simple idea to do.
All with little shallots and some herbs here and there. Here we are with good roasted chicken legs and deliciously scented for lunch!
#1 Ingredients Required for cooking Roasted Chicken Legs with Curry Sauce Recipe
Chicken legs are surely the most coveted parts of poultry. More tender than a chicken breast, they are not expensive and quick to cook. The ingredients that are required for cooking this recipe is simple, less and easily available. So let’s take a look at the ingredients that we need. The ingredients here listed are for four people.
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 shallots
- Olive oil
- Fresh cream
- Salt to taste
#2 Types of that are required while preparing the Roasted Chicken Legs with Curry Sauce
When we think of chicken legs, we mostly think to cook the dish in pressure cooker or saucepan. This is the traditional way of cooking, so today we are going to do something different.
We will cook the recipe in the microwave. So it will be much easier, less time consuming, and a product will be much delicious dish at an affordable price. We already have discussed the ingredients, let’s take a look at the equipment and utensils that are required.
- Baking Tray
- Oven mittens
- Small brush for applying the oil on the tray and chicken legs
- Chopping board
- Spoons and ladles
- Paper towel or clean cloth
#3 Preparation Before Cooking the Roasted Chicken Legs with Curry Sauce Recipe
In every post, we have included this portion. Though it seems unnecessary as we all know what we have to do before cooking any dish. Well we know but we avoid to do it. Though it seems it’s just a fuss that takes up our time.
But believe me, when we prepare all that is required beforehand, it will be much easier. Else, we won’t be able to focus on cooking. Just rushing to get this and get that while cooking, you’re not going to enjoy your cooking. So let’s first prepare ourselves.
- Clean your hands as the recipe involves massaging of the legs.
- Arrange all the equipment, utensils, bowls. and dishes you require.
- Gather all the needed ingredients for your recipe and keep them in separate bowls.
- Clean the oven, baking tray and the glass of the oven door so you can easily see the progress of your cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 125 ° C. And put the oven mittens handy so you don’t have to rush in search of the mittens.
- Rinse the chicken legs properly as we are going to use the legs with skin on it.
- Dry the legs with a paper towel or clean cloth.
- Chop the shallots in small pieces. We don’t need to cut the thyme as we will. Use them as they are. But if you prefer you can cut them as well.
- Cut the lemon in half and Squeeze the lemon juice in a bowl. Remove all the seeds of the lemon. Make sure there are no seeds in the juice.
#4 How to cook the Roasted Chicken Legs with Curry Sauce Recipe
Chicken legs are tender, juicy and the tastiest part of the poultry if you like to chew and suck the thick bone marrow. The only thing you have to make sure is to make sure that the legs are cooked properly.
Make sure it doesn’t get dry else you will be kept chewing and need a lot of water to swallow. Now let’s start cooking our recipe.
Steps to follow:
- A few hours before, massage chicken skin with lemon juice, thyme and a little bit of salt.
- Marinate the legs in olive oil. Let the legs rest a few hours cool.
- Brush the legs with olive oil and ketchup.
- Prepare a curry sauce (curry powder + fresh cream).
- Pour half of this sauce at the bottom of the baking tray. Save some sauce for later use.
- Place the chicken legs on top of the sauce. You can accompany the chicken legs with potatoes or vegetables.
- Put the chopped shallots and thyme on top of the chicken legs.
- Bake 1hr 15 minutes for thighs (for 1 whole chicken it will take 3 hours or more depending on the caliber).
- Water every 15 minutes with their juices and the remaining sauce so that they keep all their softness.
- At the end of cooking, let the meat rest, oven off and door open for 10 minutes.
#5 Some simple tips for your perfect cooking of the Roasted Chicken Legs with Curry Recipe
The chicken we love it! And especially the chicken legs very appreciated for their tender and tasty flesh. And thanks to our advice, they will be more! You are told what to know to treat your guests with pro chicken legs.
- Do you prefer to cook your chicken legs in the oven? This lasts an average of 50 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 ° C. However the time and the temperature may vary depending on the oven you are using. Do not forget to water occasionally with the cooking juices. When they are cooked to heart and golden brown, they are ready to be served!
- In a recipe that honors chicken legs, the most “complicated” is not to miss the cooking! Cooked to excess, they dry up and lose their tenderness. To find out if it is time to sit down, prick the fat of the thigh with a sharp knife.
- If the juice that escapes is translucent, without red traces, they are ready to be devoured! If, as a seasoned cooker, you have a cooking thermometer, you should know that the temperature must reach at least 71 ° C. Obviously, if the flesh is still bloody inside, it will extend the cooking time.
- To delicately enhance the taste of chicken legs, do not hesitate to concoct a scented marinade. Let the poultry soak for at least two hours in the fridge.
- For people who follow a diet, then just remove the skin of the chicken legs.
- Also think of adding to your sauce a small cubed marbled flavor, special grilled spices or a sauce base that will enhance the flavor of your chicken legs.
- Some zealous cooks are sometimes tempted to wash the poultry before putting it in the oven. This is a mistake because moisture prevents the skin from browning and becoming crispy … That is why it is rather advisable to mop or properly dry the chicken with paper towels before baking!
- Another common mistake when cooking chicken is not to salt it enough. Indeed, salt is a flavor enhancer that will really sublimate the flavor of the chicken. So be careful to salt the skin, but also the inside of the chicken, and without being too timid (well, we do not empty the salt cell either!)
#6 How to serve and eat the Roasted Chicken Legs with Curry Recipe
After the dish is well cooked, you do not get ready to devour yourself and your girata and family for this delicious recipe. However, you may get confused on the side dish to be served with the dish right. How about some ideas?
- Basmati rice or any other long-grain rice would be perfect for accompanying this dish.
- Or how about a good green salad improve (cheese and corn) or why not tomatoes with herbs! bake!
- Plain roti, buttered roti, plain Nan or buttered Nan, flattened rice or flatbread anything will go with the dish.
- You can make the mashed potatoes or pasta or chowmein to serve your dish with.
- Or just eat it alone with your favorite beverage.
- Serve warm so the taste feels much better.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
The procedure has been clearly explained I think. But still, here are some answers to your questions which may have come to your mind while going through this recipe.
Is thyme easily available in Nepal?
Thyme in Nepali means Jwaano which is obviously you can purchase anywhere in the market of Nepal.
Can any other vegetables or fruits be used with the legs?
The interest of this recipe lies in the fact that you can vary the aromatics to infinity since the chicken also adapts very well with a large number of fruits, vegetables, and different spices.
Without forgetting of course that this recipe of chicken cooking can be, according to me, perfectly successful by a person taking his first steps in the field of cooking. Children will be delighted if you offer home-made fries as an accompaniment. You are ready to succeed in a simple recipe, in short, and cheap that will delight the majority of your guests.
Can I use anything else like other herbs or Vegetables with the chicken legs while it is in the oven?
Yes why not, it all depends on your taste buds. You can put – bacon, sliced onions … a little chicken broth. Tomatoes in dice, bell peppers, chopped onions … proven herbs and a drizzle of olive oil. In spices, you can use paprika, turmeric or cumin, a little honey, a little soy sauce …
What is meant by watering the chicken?
Watering the chicken is an important process that you must do while baking the whole chicken or thighs or legs with skin. It is to put the water that is the liquid that comes out of the chicken while baking over the baking chicken regularly.
You can even use the olive water, water or the sauce that you have prepared. The only motive is to make the skin golden brown and crunchy while keeping the inside meat juicy and tender.
So get ready to cook and do not hesitate to experiment.
Submitted By Ankur Pradhan